CGO SteadyGrip For Q500 V02 Mainboard failure

Discussion in 'Steadygrip / Wizard' started by Mustafa KARTAL, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Mustafa KARTAL

Mustafa KARTAL New Member

Feb 12, 2020
    Male
    Hello to everyone
    When I was experimenting with SteadyGrip that came with Yunecc Q500K Drone, I wanted to test it with power supply instead of battery. But somehow I connected the (+) plus and (-) poles upside down. Since I applied voltage with the power supply, smoke and smell came from the device instantly. I opened up SteadyGrip. A circuit element is burnt out on the circuit board. A yellow square 2-pin circuit element. What is the task of this element. I change. I am waiting for your help. I will share your photos.
    Yours truly. 1.jpeg 1.jpeg

2. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    It is a 22uF Tantalum SMD Capacitor. You may be able to find something you can use on eBay. Of course, there may be other, unseen damage on the board.
    WIN_20200212_19_36_32_Pro.jpg

Mustafa KARTAL likes this.
  3. Mustafa KARTAL

Feb 12, 2020
    Male
    Thanks for the information you provided.
    I will try to buy and replace. So how many Volt capacitors is this? Could it be 20V?
    Finally, can you say the features of the components that I marked in the picture that I just installed?
    Thank you very much in advance.
    Yours truly 2.jpeg

4. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    So how many Volt capacitors is this? Could it be 20V?
    Yes, I believe it is 20V. Note it is important to measure the size. Many of these chips look exactly the same in the advertisement pictures, but actual dimensions range from way to small to way to large.

can you say the features of the components that I marked in the picture that I just installed?
    Not very well. I had already reassembled my steadygrip before you asked. You will have to determine the actual parts numbers from your board.
    1 and 2: Appear to be transistors. I have no way to guess the specifics.

3: Can't tell.

4 And 5: Noise filters. These can often be jumpered with no apparent effect on operation.

5. Mustafa KARTAL

Feb 12, 2020
    Male
    1 and 2: It says DMF D3. I will investigate them. I guess the transistor as you said.
    I ordered the capacitor. When it comes I will change and try. I write the results from here. Hope it works.
    Thank you very much again.
    Yours truly.

WTFDproject likes this.
  6. Mustafa KARTAL

Feb 12, 2020
    Male
    Hi
    I changed the capacitor. I tested with power supply circuit worked. Then, after collecting the device and inserting the batteries, it didn't work again. There was a smell. When I opened it again, I noticed that a circuit element at the entrance was damaged this time. What would you suggest me do?

Attached Files:

7. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    It sounds like you have a problem somewhere else on the board. The piece that blew out this time is just a noise resistor. It burned out similar to the way a fuse works. If you jumper the piece, it may cause a fire when the real problem shows itself. I think rather than install a jumper, it would be better to replace the steady grip with a new one. It is almost certain the steady grip will be destroyed if you jumper the noise resistor.

8. Mustafa KARTAL

Feb 12, 2020
    Male
    Understood.
    However, we do not currently have a chance to get a new SteadyGrid. Am I likely to find only the SteadyGrid motherboard?
    Thank you.

9. Mustafa KARTAL

Feb 12, 2020
    Male

Attached Files:

WTFDproject likes this.