CGO2+ GB Gimbal issues

Discussion in 'C-GO2' started by ScottM, Aug 16, 2015.

1. ScottM

ScottM New Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Hi All,

A few months ago I was tempted into the hobby by a friend with a Q500. I picked up a Q500+, and showing amazing patience, I set about upgrading the various firmwares for the various components. I was never able to get the gimbal to respond when plugged in via the UART (updating the Q500+ itself was no problem with that interface), so I gave up and left it as it was.

Several months of fun and learning ensue.

Recently, after an unscheduled rendezvous with a tree limb the copter made an emergency landing. Afterward the gimbal would never fully start up. The camera is available via WiFi, and I can take pictures and video, but there is no stabilization form the gimbal. At some point after its startup attempts, the gimbal performs a short twitch roll back and forth, pauses, and then does it again. The LED in the gimbal (not the one on the face of the camera) eventual blinks read. It also emits a beep sequence High, Medium, and Low in tone.

I'm assuming some service is required (and I still can't get the gimbal to respond to the firmware update utility in the GUI for whatever that is worth). Does anyone know what the blinking red LED in the circuit board is telling me, or what the 3 descending tones mean?

Thanks in advance!

Scott

2. mrburns

mrburns Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2015
    Male
    Leicestershire United Kingdom
    Scott,

In trying to put the connector into the uart it is quite common to bend a pin. Have you checked they are straight.

If they are then you definitely have an issue besides the current one and a phone call to CS in whichever country would be appropriate. Chances are something has to be swapped out if you cannot update firmware.

3. ScottM

ScottM New Member

Aug 16, 2015
    It took me a while to get to it, but your advice was spot on. The UART pins were bent, but with the judicious application of a pair of tweezers and my wife's eyesight I was able to straighten them out.

Thanks!