C-GO2 CGO2 VS CGO3?

Discussion in 'Camera's (C-GO2/C-GO3/C-GO4)' started by Benny, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Benny

Benny Member

Oct 31, 2016
    Male
    VW restauration and drone filming
    Montreal
    I want to upgrade my CGO2, yes I know that on paper the CGO3 should be superior but in real, it it worthed ??

Thanks
    Ben

2. Wingshooter

Wingshooter Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    Outdoor Recreation Supervisor
    East Tennessee, USA
  3. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

I started with a Q500 G with a CGO3 4k, crashed a few times. The gimbal died, camera still works though. Didn't want to spend $569 on a new one, so just strapped on any small camera, and hoped for the best, no video downlink. Caught a deal on a Q500+ with CGO2, about $150 less than a new CGO3. Recently picked up a refurbished 4k for $219.

Haven't had any problems with the CGO2, actual seems to function better than the first 4k did. Haven't had the tilt problem, which required powering down to correct. Never tried the 4k video, no real reason, doubt I have anything to play them back on, my computer struggles with 1080p. Few times I've seen 4k TV, didn't really impress me as being anything better than 1080p. Might need to see different shows, maybe some are just upscaled, and don't really improve. Maybe actual 4k content is needed to appreciate it. For me, 4k would only mean larger files, and the need to downscale to view. Haven't even looked to see if the CGO2 has settings, or what can be changed or adjusted. The CGO3 has them, but only messed with a few, mostly went back to default, occasionally adjusted the frame rate, depending on where I was going to fly, and what I was after. Haven't flown the refurbished 4k yet, just checked to see if it was fully functional on the SteadyGrip,
    I've been happy with the CGO2, only bought the 4k, because it was less than half price, and will need a camera for the Q500 g, when I rebuild it again... Would have paid the same for a CGO2. Have been thinking about filters for the 4k though, didn't do real well over water, and mid-day sun here in Florida, very bright.

4. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    The 3 takes slightly better video and the 2 takes slightly better still images. After looking at your video of that barn I question why you would want to change because that video is damn good! I guess it depends if you need/want 4k.

Wingshooter likes this.
  5. Benny

Benny Member

Oct 31, 2016
    Male
    VW restauration and drone filming
    Montreal
    I was only asking a question. And you guys did rely and thanks for doing so. When I need a better cam I'm using my GP gimbal with a nice 4K cam and a separate VTX