CGO2+ wiring yaw slider board, solved.

Discussion in 'C-GO2' started by AlfredV, Jun 21, 2016.

1. AlfredV

AlfredV New Member

IMAG0932.jpg After opening the gimbal housing looking for the problem i have with the gimbal.
    I removed slowly the main control board i saw that one came off easy from yaw potentiometer/ slider board.
    So i took off the connector and all three cables came off.
    So now i am lost because i have no clue where the cables should be soldered.
    Anyone with a scheme or picture with this potentiometer / slider?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    Tags:
  2. Haporta

Haporta New Member

Turn the cable 180 degrees around and its orientated. And you can solder it

3. AlfredV

AlfredV New Member

IMAG0934.jpg Thank you for your advise. I already get the same answer from Yuneec, Germany.
    Great service.
    Yes it is correct that is the right connection. It is up and running again.
    I am very pleased caused i bought it with the problem that it didn't react well
    when it uses the yaw motor. And no response from the slider on the radio.
    Now it is fully working.
    But the only thing now is that one motor gives a noise after start up.
    There should be a kind of weight on the back of the camera. And there is none.
    I think this is the problem.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  4. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

5. mik

mikko New Member

I had a hard landing and broke a wire from the CGO2. Eventually I soldered everything back together and it works fine, but it looks bad, and is probably not a secure fix. The 2 left wires to the 4-wire connector in your image above don't look good. I notice the 4 wires separate into 2 2-wire ones, and it looks like the whole 4-wire harness should be a separate item which I should be able to get from Yuneec parts dept. I'd like to get this part, as I want to sell my Q500 (and get a Typhoon H!)
    Any suggestions?

6. AlfredV

AlfredV New Member

This cable you can order easily i suppose.

image.jpeg

7. mik

mikko New Member

Thank you! Your pic is exactly what I need. We're a little off the beaten track in Parksville BC. . .
    The guys in the local RC outfit told me I could only get it through yuneec service dept. I assume the number is in some catalog? (Online?) Do you have an address/phone/URL?

8. AlfredV

AlfredV New Member

9. mik

mikko New Member

Thanks!

10. mik

mikko New Member

Update:
    5 attempts to contact Carolindronz. Email contact form will not accept my phone number, no matter what format I give. Catalog is not numbered, which would make things easier. Part is "out of stock" but no response to email request after 1 month + . Techs have very thick accents and gabble.

Yuneec service is awesome! Techs are American but speak clearly. (including callback so I didn't have to stay on line listening to canned rap music.) Techs are also knowledgeable and efficient. Full marks for Yuneec!

11. Jagerbomb52

Funny how your putting down Carolina Dronz. I have many purchases through them and each and everly one of them I had no problems at all. On the other hand Yuneec USA is a joke trying to get them to respond to emails or call backs.
    You can contact Frank the owner of Carolina Dronz directly at this email address.
    frank@carolinadronz.com

12. mik

mikko New Member

I'm not "putting down" Carolina Dronz, simply giving a factual account of trying to contact them. My remarks are in no way motivated by bias or malice, which is implied by "putting down". I stand by my comments. I called yuneec and in half an hour finished my order. The only problem I encountered is that S&H seems excesssive.
    I will try CD again, maybe they'll have someone who speaks English on duty, and maybe the catalog will have numbers so it's easier to identify parts, but if their S&H is expensive, I have little motivation to do so.
    I will also try B&H

13. Jagerbomb52

I really don't know why your having a hard time identifying the parts you need. They are clearly labeled as to what they are. Right now Frank is in Cancun on Vacation with his family yesterday through till Saturday.
    He has a very knowledgeable staff (Laurie, Zak and Kevin) that are looking after the place till he gets back. I am not sure on their ethnic background but if the U.S is anything like Canada we have many foreigners with different accents and it can be a challenge to understand them sometimes.