CGO3 4K Camera Gimbal Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SeanZLambo, Jan 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SeanZLambo

SeanZLambo New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    having issues with camera not staying level throughout flight. Usually starts out by leveling itself during pre flight sync, but by the end of a short flight cam is tilted to the side.

Check out beginning and end of video to see what I mean.

Just purchased last week. Already did all my updates when I got it out of the box.

Calling Yuneec tomorrow but any info would be appreciated.

Swavo and dezo el like this.
  2. dezo el

dezo el New Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Male
    Cinematographer-Drone-Ariel-Photography
    new-york-city,ny
    Did you calibrate it properly? turn quad off then back on.. sometimes it needs more syncing time.

3. SeanZLambo

SeanZLambo New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    Yes, I've restarted quad, quad & remote, and still happens. Has happened since first day.

4. Arno De Voogd

Arno De Voogd New Member

I am having a similar problem. The gimbal keeps on a angle roll of about 10 degrees.
    Have hooked it up to gui and calibrated. Al systems are green.
    When i connect GUI to the gimbal interface. Nothing happens.

5. Transcendent Athletes

Jan 21, 2016
    Female
    I am having the same issue...I calibrated the commas and bound the camera again. And I ordered a new lead from the gamble to the craft. Never even flown it and I'm not a novice with drones!

6. Swavo

Swavo New Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    I am experiencing the same issue since purchase. The camera stays tilted to one side and never corrects itself! Any ideas??

7. mrburns

mrburns Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2015
    Male
    Leicestershire United Kingdom
    Unfortunately, you cannot calibrate the gimbal on 4k cameras. We are ALL awiating the updated GUI to do this. :( This is poor on Yuneecs part but I guess they think we are coping.

If the camera levels out at the beginning correctly then subsequently rolls it would appear to be a control issue.

Therefore if you have the above issue then please phone Yuneec CS direct and advise them of the problem.

I think this issue is appearing to be on newer machines and until we can calibrate the gimbal to rule out that we need to contact Yuneec.

Arno De Voogd likes this.
  8. Pekka

Pekka New Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Bought the Cgo3 camera with the steadygrip, new on ebay. Upgraded my Q500+ with this 4K cam. Got it today. First flight today went without problems. I believe also second flight went ok. Then i think i booted up the system on a tilting plane and after that the camera behaves exactly like this video shows. Very annoying.

Never had any issue with the Cgo2 regarding tilting.
    Are there any solutions ?
    Should i send the camera back ? (would a replacement camera have same issues?)

Cheers // Pekka

9. Swavo

Swavo New Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    I had the same issues with my cg03 camera tilting to one side. I sent it back for warranty repair and it now work flawlessly! BE SURE TO SUBMIT FOR REPAIR WITHIN 6 MONTH'S OF PURCHASE!
    --You will need to call Yuneec to get this process started!!

10. Pekka

Pekka New Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    I´ll wait just a little more. Went flying again and waited longer for everything to initialize before flying.
    Seemed to go alright now (but another annoying thing began - camera not initializing towards the end of my session) Unable to take pics or record video...

Excited to see what footage i caught tho :) Almost flew into a big bird. Don´t yet know if it was an eagle or what, hehe.
    Cheers // Pekka

11. mrburns

mrburns Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2015
    Male
    It is very important that when powering up the camera that the bird or the steadygrip is level.
    Sometimes the camera will hang loose on a tilt before powering up.

One of the reasons there is a cover is to keep the CGO in the correct plane. Sometimes when you take the cover off you can accidentally alter the level and the camera hangs awkwardly; hence again just check that it is broadly level and this should minimise any issues.

Happy flying

12. Ken Rury

Ken Rury New Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Male
    When I first got my 4K I used it with the handheld in the house and I noticed the video wasn't straight. I finally realized one of the rubber spring gaskets that holds the camera to the baseplate was disconnected. Once I reattached it, the video was level again.

13. Matt Campbell

Matt Campbell New Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Male
    Wow - I just purchase my Drone yesterday and I have this same issue. Sounds like it's going back to the store! Sucks!

14. Robert Gunter

Robert Gunter Member

Aug 7, 2015
    Male
    I purchased my Q500 4K in July 2015 and had the same issues. Yuneec replaced the camera twice under the warranty. I still have this issue on a sporadic basis, but I usually can solve it by restarting everything. Once it is level on the ground before takeoff, it does not lean to one side, but remains level. I was told it was a firmware issue, but not sure that is the problem.

15. Matt Campbell

Matt Campbell New Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Male
    Thats unfortunate. I sure don't want to be messing around with repairs out of the box. I did try to update firmware on the chassis. It got connected once and everything checked out, but then when I went to do the firmware portion it wouldn't connect again to the unit. Tried another laptop and downloaded the latest USB drivers to no avail. I think its time to pack it up and give it back to the store.

16. Matt Campbell

Matt Campbell New Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Male
    Update - I finally got the Firmware to update. Follow the suggestion in this form - sorry can't find the persons post but his suggestion was leave off the unit until you click the Update Firmware button and at the same time turn on the unit. Success!! Took a few seconds but then everything worked. Then I ran the Calibration suggestion in the training video that comes with the product. As well I updates the ST10 Firmware. After all that My camera is working properly. Can't say which of the 3 things did the fix but it works now. So happy!

17. Ed Hahn

Ed Hahn New Member

Nov 14, 2015
    Male
    I to have the same problem.call Yuneec ,I just sent my camera off today.Hopefully
    It will come back soon and fix!!

18. SparkoRC

SparkoRC Active Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Surrey. United Kingdom
    I've heard that there is a CGO3 firmware update soon but at the moment its still in beta stage, don't know if this update is going to address these problems or not, I was just told that there was a update in the pipeline but did not enlighten me about any improvements or any new features that may be added !

So I guess we will just have to wait and see what this update brings.

19. mrburns

mrburns Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2015
    Male
    There is a Gimbal firmware update due any day.

20. ^pomen_GTR^

^pomen_GTR^ Active Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Male
    Architect
    Malaysia
    this problems starts to get me irritated as more and more flight i did....

and about the gimbal adjustment knob at the back of the cg03.. i didnt see any adjustment knob...or do i need to peel-off the cover sticker/emblem on that gimbal first?