CGO3 4k Flashing Green Light no Gimbal motor activity

Discussion in 'C-GO3' started by te8041, Oct 14, 2016.

1. te8

te8041 New Member

I have the q500 4k with the CGO3 and steadygrip. After a recent trip stowed in an air plane as checked luggage (bad idea) the drone seems to have become impossible to calibrate. I have shipped it out to Yuneec in CA for repair. In absence of the drone I decided to use the steadygrip to grab some video. To my disappointment the gimbal seems to have gone dead. Here is what happens at power up of the steadygrip:

1. Steady white light on CGO3 (1 second)
    2. Flashing red light on CGO3 (few seconds)
    3. A fan kicks on
    4. Flashing red and green light on CGO3 (few more seconds)
    5. Flashing Green light (eternity)
    That's is. it keeps flashing. The motors don't attempt to kick on and stabilize the CGO3. I CAN connect to the camera and record video / audio via the app but zero gimbal activity on either axis. I'm hoping someone has had a similar issue with an outcome other than having to purchase a +400 CGO3.

As stated above the bird is out for repair so at this time I don't know how the gimbal will react when connected to the aircraft. I'm limited to the steadygrip until Yuneec sends her back. hopefully before the end of the month.

2. Gre

Gregbebs New Member

I hope for you too...
    I don't know, but I know a little the CGO3 from inside, and I know that there are 4 very very thin cables that bring power to the gimbal which are very thin tined (soldered), and with a shock it could cut one of them and then the motors of the gimbal won't work...

3. loobles

loobles New Member

I've read a ton of posts of people having the same issue... I've got the same exact problem. I can connect to the camera with the ST10, record video, take flight, but i cant tilt the gimbal. It just dangles limp. Yuneec is telling me to spend money and ship it to them AND pay for a repair, but its never even moved before.

4. Art

Artan New Member

So, anyone figured this out or had results with Youneec repairing ?

5. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

I've got a dead 4k gimbal as well. I found a refurbished 4k camera on Woot! last week for $199.99. Haven't flown it yet, but it was fully functional on the Steady-Grip. Haven't read anything encouraging as far as repairs. Yuneec charges $120-$180, plus whatever it costs to ship it to them.

Really wish that Yuneec was more open to third party options, or diy, would really help they're popularity, and they could focus on the main product. I used several small/cheap cameras on the Q500, after the gimbal died, and saw just how hard the gimbal has to work, how much abuse I put it though. The video wasn't too bad, watchable, just rough, no video downlink to the ST10+, no tilt. Really not good for chasing gators down at the lake. It be nice if we had other options for gimbals and cameras on the Q500. Wish I knew the pinout, voltage, and control signal on the three wire connection, so maybe build an interface.

I haven't opened up mine yet, the pictures I've found in the internet weren't encouraging or very clear (mostly antenna mods). Seems like it's packed pretty tight with stuff, thin wires which need to be carefully routed. PC boards all SMD, and sort of appears that the gimbal gets power, since no error on connection, just no motor power (tilt or stabilizers), think it's on board. The camera itself is fully functional, sends video, records. It's got to be something common to all three motors. I only know a little about servos, next to nothing about brushless motors, so diving in blind, isn't likely to be successful.