Q500+ CGO3 4k on Q500+

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by gjeglintine, May 20, 2016.

1. gjeglintine

gjeglintine New Member

So im curious, if i was to purchase a CGO3 4k Camera with 3 axis gimbal and i attached it to my Q500+, would it be compatible ? Im curious cause i would like to be able to use interchangeable cameras for my drone and handheld steady grip.

Tags:
  2. Michael Wood

Michael Wood Member

I just ordered a 4k camera for my q500+, I spoke with Yuneec about doing the upgrade for me. They said they would send the firmware with the camera. No mention of any problems. Also, another guy on youtube Jeff Sebilius I think, he upgraded also and said it was a breeze. I'm still waiting for mine because I traded my cgo 2+ camera for the 4k and they have to make sure there are no problems with my trade in. And....a trade in costs about 299.00 I'm going to get an extra pig tail and UV lens so it will be a little over 300.00 all said and done.
    Oh yeah....they send you a new Steady Grip for the 4k. I sent them my old one along with the old camera. I didn't care for the high orange cast this camera has. They said there is no fix, just an upgrade.

3. DdVfotografie

DdVfotografie New Member

Micheal,

How does it works? I want to do that also from CGO2 to CGO3 4K.

Regards,

Dave

4. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

If you take your cgo2 off and put on the cgo3 you need to bind the camera. After you have done that just go into camera settings and pick cgo3 pro.