C-GO3 CGO3 4K shows flashing video with subjects that have a lot of lines

Discussion in 'Camera's (C-GO2/C-GO3/C-GO4)' started by RamonDrone, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Ram

RamonDrone New Member

Hi,

For a few weeks now I am (together with my father and my wife) the happy owner of a Yuneec q500 4K.

What is worrying me a bit is the flashing images the cgo3 4K camera produces when it is recording a subject that is showing a lot of parallel lines. For example with a field of high grass, when shown on a Samsung 4K TV or a Samsung 1080P TV (converted the same video to 1080p), the image is flashing like a strobe light in the part where the high grass is visble.

I added the video I took with the high grass. I also added a video that shows the flickering image on the wrinkled sand of a beach. In both videos the image is fine but it is flashing/flickering in the part where a lot of lines (close to each other) are visible (grass or wrinkled beach). Videos are in attached zip file.

I'm not sure if this normal behaviour or that I need to contact Yuneec for my warranty. I really don't like the flickering in the video when you watch it on a TV. It is driving me nuts when I look at it for a long time.
    If this is normal behaviour I hope someone can tell me what I can do about it. Maybe there are some video editing options that can help remove the flickering in areas that show a lot of (parallel) lines.

Please note : On my iPad and on my iMac the flickering was hardly visible. To my dad, my wife and me it became visible when showing the video on a 40" Samsung TV (1080P) or 55" Samsung TV (4K).

I would like to know your thoughts in this.

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards, Ramon

Attached Files:

2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

The one at the beach looked ok to me on my SamSung 1080 TV but the one with the grass the water off to the back side of the video looked like it was flickering. To me the grass looked OK. I have seen this on some of my videos if I record at the higher resolutions in 4K.

Sorry I don't have a good answer for you.

3. Jonathan Enssle

Jonathan Enssle Member

I was watching with a MacBook Pro and didn't see any flickering.