CGO3 Camera for Mapping

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by John DeLoach, Apr 16, 2020.

1. John DeLoach

John DeLoach New Member

Apr 16, 2020
    Male
    Can 3D mapping be performed with the CGO3 camera?
    Does Yuneec offer software for automatic flight path flying and shutter automation for the H or the Q500?

2. pownalite

pownalite New Member

May 19, 2016
    Male
    i just discovered the autel evo. it has the ability to fly programmable mapping flight lines...and has a lot of other cool features. i love my trusty q500 4k, but it might be time to consider upgrading. i paid 1,350 for the q500 4k when it first came out...now the autel evo is so much more for only $1,050 including 3 batteries and a set of 3 nd filters (amazon). the evo 2 is supposed to be even more amazing! i have always had quality issues with the cgo3 (blurry edges and strange chromatic aberration tendencies). the autel evo camera is known to be superb. check out the youtube videos.

3. JAMES F BIBEL

JAMES F BIBEL New Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Male
    The Typhoon H doesn't have the ability to fly a true mapping mission. The H520 and most other manufacturers can fly a grid or cross grid autonomously and take a picture at a certain distance to obtain overlap. The best you can do with the H is set up a curved cable cam route and set the camera to take a picture every second. You may then need to delete every 2nd and 3rd photo. Barely fly mine now. And with no other camera options I get more use from my Mavic and Anafi. Hope to get the new Evo II