CGO3+ gimbal orientation and Typhoon H error

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by kqstudiosent, Nov 29, 2016.

1. kqstudiosent

kqstudiosent New Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Hi, I had a newbie panic crash a month ago and the PWM white wire on the gimbal and CG03+ camera broke off of the "clockspring" 360 wire connection. Thats best I can explain what it is. I repaired white wire, after taking apart camera to its main circuit board. After repairs the camera works all functions etc but now when asking cam to go to front, it goes to rear of drone and all orientation for follow me watch me etc is backwards 180 degrees. Front is back and vice versa to the gimbals knowledge. Does the gimbal itself need a factory calibration after being taken apart to the core almost? One pic shows "front facing position". Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Thanks 1480396081864.jpg 1480396086585.jpg 1480396089519.jpg

2. tony triaros

tony triaros New Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Sorry to read about your issue. I think best bet is contacting Yuneec CS. it seems to me not many had this issue...good luck...

kqstudiosent likes this.
  3. kqstudiosent

kqstudiosent New Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Thanks yes I am afraid you are right.

bcloudone likes this.
  4. kqstudiosent

kqstudiosent New Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Update* I held the gimbal and camera in the position it was (that was wrong orientation) and unscrewed the four screws and 2 wire holding screws rotated the base 180 degrees and rescrewed it. That appreared to have done the trick. It now faces foward when asked! But Im back with a problem that happened with the latest firmware that after gimbal calibration it doesn't respond to face foward commands and pans slowly in whichever direction I had panned on the controller after centering the pan knob. But in all initial problem, I believe is fixed.

5. Robert

Robert Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Male
    Good to hear you got it working!! Don't worry about the camera after the calibration. My camera does the same thing!!! All you need to do after the cal is restart your H and all is fine.

kqstudiosent likes this.
  6. kqstudiosent

kqstudiosent New Member

Nov 22, 2016
    That's good to hear. Thanks!