CGO3 Phone/Tablet compatibility

Discussion in 'C-GO3' started by Slugsie, Aug 8, 2015.

1. HAR

HARRY LYNN New Member

Thanks, it now works

2. Jac

Jacques Herremans New Member

Work with the tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (Thailand)

3. Sub

Subarudork New Member

I cannot get it to work in the US on the following devices:
    Google Nexus 4 (running android 5.1)
    Google Nexus 5 (Running Marshmallow)
    Google Nexus 6 (Running Marshmallow)
    Google Nexus 7 (Running Marshmallow)
    Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1

They will connect to the camera's wifi, and then disconnect citing that the "Wi-Fi has no internet".
    I've tried assigned a static I.P., restarting, everything.

4. Ray Lee

Ray Lee New Member

Doesn't work with LG4.

5. dlw

dlw Member

Open your WiFi settings then look for advanced which should be 3 dots in the corner of the screen and in there you should find something along the lines of 'connect with no internet' you will either have to tick or untick.

6. Jef

Jeff Trexler New Member

My Moto X Pure with the android marshmallow update is compatible when you set the wifi connection to a static IP address.

7. pli

pligo New Member

Good news this side of the pond. After an update yesterday on my Nexus 4 and to the CGO app all is working!

8. tezz

tezz Member

although some people can get it working their galaxy s5 it does not work on mine running android 5

9. tezz

tezz Member

does not work on my galaxy s5 here in uk

10. ^pomen_GTR^

^pomen_GTR^ Active Member

ok update!

Great news!

the cheap teclast p70 tablet works flawlessly with cg03 wifi...works like a charm :)

just recieved it earlier this morning...and tested it earlier this afternoon...hurrayyy

11. Batfire

Batfire Member

Hi Guys, Just got this copter (Q500) and wish to connect it to laptop and my tablet. Is this google play program compatible with my windows 8.1 pavilion laptop? Also is it compatible with the sharperview Sv-85BL running android 4.2.2?

Thanks in advance for any assistance started to read the forum but would take a while.

Cheers

Batfire

12. ^pomen_GTR^

as long as both where using 5ghz wifi reciever (wifi a/ac not b g n)

for windows just use vlc player for live streaming (just input rtsp://camera ip address in wifi connection/live

for android just download cgo apps from google play

13. Batfire

Batfire Member

Thanks so much for the quick reply^Pomen_GTR^. I did download to my tablet and works great. I haven't tried the laptop yet since i really don't think i will carry that extra load into the field.

I do have one more question. I was trying to use the flight calculator but the motors don't seem to be an easy find on the internet to get spec sheet. I just got off typing and sending an email to Yuneec when you posted.

Cheers

Wayne

14. ^pomen_GTR^

so far no spec for oem motor...but here is some interesting discussion on q500 motors: http://yuneec-forum.com/threads/cheap-low-quality-motors-on-q500.3731/

15. Batfire

Batfire Member

Hi ^Pomen_GTR^

Excellent you found something. That was a big help. I did get a response back from Yuneec and they said go to the company spec page for the copter. I did of course just encase i missed something but it had no info on the motors. This thread looks good will read it completely. Thanks again. Just one note on motors, I have ran the same motors for years on my X830's which are balanced etc from the factory with no issues. They are much more expensive and carry much more weight but after looking closely at these they are not the equivalent quality of course. But you get what you pay for. This copter is well designed and for the weight it carries, this motor seems quite sufficient. I do see some quality issues in the bearing housings etc...easy to spin bearings in holders. Not good but this would only occur if someone torqued down the prop. On all copters should never torque down props. They should be only hand tight + 1/2 turn. On this type prop looks like should use a tiny drop of anti seize on the threads only also to make sure the prop doesn't seize on shaft. Oh,no i'm rambling.....lol

I wish I had done a little more research first because now I want to other copter, the new Typhoon H....ha figures. Guess I will have to buy that too.......Take care thanks again for reply.

Cheers

Batfire
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=293281

^pomen_GTR^ likes this.
  16. Ent

Entropy512 New Member

FYI, many custom Android firmwares (CyanogenMod, Omni, others) include the ability to change the wifi region code for travellers. I wrote the patches years ago when I was using an imported phone (International Galaxy Note) in the US.

https://github.com/omnirom/android_...mmit/a1cec1cd78967f64f889ec8393deb22f81ce3f5c has the Settings component of this - I forget where the other components were, it's been a few years. One component was in frameworks/base - but that's patch 3 of 4 so I'm not sure where the other two changes were!

17. Batfire

Batfire Member

Ha, it worked excellent thank you so much for the info.

Cheers

Batfire

18. krecio

krecio New Member

Hello all,
    Today I installed on my Note 3 and works all without problems. Next week I will be experimenting with a tablet HUAWEI MediaPad T1 10. I think that the problems will not be.

19. Ern

Ernesto Mexicali New Member

Help Please Steadygrip I have a iphone 6 connects and when I start to record the signal (5 Sec.) Is lost. You need an update or something? Thanks A Lot (in Mexico)

20. ^pomen_GTR^

which steadygrip version?

6pcs AA battery/ 8pcs AA battery? or the lipo version action cam?

if u have the AA battery version (no matter 6pcs or 8pcs type) u need to use better battery...high capacity rechargeable or best do the lipo battery mod