CGO3 PRO Camera points backwards.

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by Davy, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Davy

Davy New Member

Feb 27, 2019
    Male
    Crashed my drone the other day and had to replace the camera mount. Got it all put back together and now the camera's resting position it to look backwards. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

2. CrashALot

CrashALot Member

Oct 17, 2018
    exactly what did you do to fix it ?

i assume this is w/ or w/o the controller on, just uav on ?

what leds are displayed.

there has to be a electrical reference position sensor/location, ie or zero rotation reference so either wires were mixed up or connection is reversed.

more info needed.

GL !

3. Davy

Davy New Member

Feb 27, 2019
    Male
    I just replaced the mounting plate, didn't mess with any wires, remote is on and i can control the camera with it but when i switch pan to forward it faces the back of the drone all the normal leds are on. In all aspects the camera works perfectly just backwards to the orientation of the drone.
    Thanks

4. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    #4 WTFDproject, Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    It is hard to tell what you replaced.
    Ensure the top plate is not reversed.
    Ensure the contacts are not in backwards (not sure that's possible).

If the issue is something else, please clarify. Pictures or video would help.

5. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    The notes in this PDF document might help. The camera used to develop the notes has some repairs and a pigtail added, so you may notice the wires don't look like yours, but the camera is the same.

Attached Files:

6. Davy

Davy New Member

Feb 27, 2019
    Male
    I was able to figure it out, that pdf would have helped tho so thank you. That was the problem i had the 4 screws were in the wrong spot. Had to take them out and spin the gimbal 180°.

7. Mark Waco

Mark Waco New Member

Jul 5, 2019
    Male

8. Mark Waco

Mark Waco New Member

Jul 5, 2019
    Male
    Sounds like the mount is backwards.

9. azbloc

azbloc Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Male
    FRANCE
    Bonjour, j'ai sensiblement le même problème sur
    le Typhoon H Pro que je viens de recevoir pour remplacer mon H480 vendu.
    Ce Typhoon H n'a pas été crashé, il a juste 24 minutes de vol, la première chose que j'ai fait a été de contrôler les mises a jours firmware, c'est ok!
    Lors de l'allumage du Typhoon H Pro la caméra CG03 Pro s'allume normalement, passe au vert et tourne a 90° sur la droite, j'utilise K1 pour la mettre dans l'axe, tout fonctionne correctement, stabilisation
    guimbal mais si j'appuis sur S2 la caméra retourne sur la gauche a 90°.
    Normalement lors de l'allumage la CG03 ce centre automatiquement et si vous utilisez K1 en vol et revenir rapidement au centre c'est possible en manipulant S2.

Avant démontage, pensez vous que le soucis peut venir d'autre part ?
    Merci et bon vol.

GOOGLE TRANSLATE :

Hello, I have much the same problem on
    the Typhoon H Pro that I just received to replace my H480 sold.
    This Typhoon H was not crashed, it has just 24 minutes of flight time, the first thing I did was check the firmware updates, it's ok!
    When switching on the Typhoon H Pro the CG03 Pro camera turns on normally, turns green and turns 90 ° to the right, I use K1 to put it in the axis, everything works correctly, stabilization
    guimbal but if I press S2 the camera flips to the left at 90 °.
    Normally when switching on the CG03 this centers automatically and if you use K1 in flight and quickly return to center it is possible by manipulating S2.

Before disassembly, do you think that the problem can come from elsewhere?
    Thank you and have a good flight.

10. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    If the camera ALWAYS points left at 90 ° when S2 is in the up position, then the four screws that hold the top mount to the motor are one position out of place. You will need to remove all 4 screws. Put a short piece of tooth pick in one of the holes so you can be sure which hole it is, then rotate the mount so the toothpick is in the next hole.
    If the camera is pointing left, you will need to rotate the mount to the left (or the motor to the right).
    If the camera is pointing right, you rotate the mount to the right (or the motor to the left).

Some CGo3+ and later cameras do have a habit of pointing in odd directions on start-up if the camera is not near center when powered on. It could probably be resolved by sending for gimbal calibration. However, If using S2 returns it to normal, it may not be worth the time loss to send for repair.

11. azbloc

azbloc Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Male
    FRANCE
    salut,
    C'est ce que je comptais faire, démonter les 4 vis et contrôler l'orientation guimbal.
    Ce que je voulais vraiment savoir, il n'y a pas d'autres alterntives que de démonter pour régler ce probléme, il serait logique de pouvoir internenir en passant par TyphoonGUi ou en réglant expo/rate sur la ST16 afin d'effectuer le centrage de la caméra.

GOOGLE TRANSLATE :
    Hi,
    This is what I intended to do, remove the 4 screws and check the guimbal orientation.
    What I really wanted to know, there is no other alternative than to dismantle to solve this problem, it would be logical to be able to intern by going through TyphoonGUi or by setting expo / rate on the ST16 in order to carry out the centering of the camera.