Chroma Blade camera CGO2+ problem...

Discussion in 'Blade Chroma Series' started by Helio, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Helio

Helio Member

Jun 20, 2021
    Male
    Ecuador
    Hello everyone. Greetings from Ecuador.
    I have a problem with the CGO2 + camera on the Chroma Blade.
    In the last two video shots I notice that the system is dividing that shot into several files of different sizes. I am using a 32GB microSD. That did not happen at the beginning. What could be the cause? To my knowledge there is no way to configure the camera to split the shots into multiple files.
    Very grateful in advance.

2. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    The CGo3 system is designed to break long video into roughly 5 minute segments. The last segment is typically smaller than the first if the video ends before the 5 minutes have timed out. I am not certain the same applies to the CGo2+. Is this similar to what you are seeing?

3. Helio

Helio Member

Jun 20, 2021
    Male
    Ecuador
    Well no, the system is cutting it into chunks of 10 seconds to 1m30sec, there is no fixed pattern. I am using the same microSD from the beginning when this was not happening. At the time of joining the pieces there is a lost time and it is annoying.

4. Helio

Helio Member

Jun 20, 2021
    Male
    Ecuador
    I have read in another post on this page that the problem could be related to the momentary cutoff of the FPV signal to the transmitter, which seems to force the camera system to stop and restart recording on the SD. If this is how it works, I wonder if the FPV signal could be made independent from direct recording to SD ...?

5. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    It is more likely the breaks in recording and the cutoff of the FPV are both symptoms of the same problem. You mentioned in another thread you would try cleaning the card slot and ultimately try a new SD card. That is really the best way to start. SD cards that are starting to fail have caused many random problems you would not immediately associate with the SD card. Especially if you are shooting at resolutions greater than 1080P.

6. Helio

Helio Member

Jun 20, 2021
    Male
    Ecuador
    So I will friend, clean the slot or replace the SD. I will communicate the results.