compass calibration Typhoon H

Discussion in 'Help' started by Chief, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Chief

Chief Member

just set up new H and cannot get compass to calibrate. Have read manual and watched numerous videos. I have tried to do calibration in 2 different places on my property and girlfriends moms property. All 3 spots where at least 25 yards from power lines and metal objects, cell phones etc. when controller and drone powered up i hit settings calibration, then red highlighted calibration box comes up tap that then compass box comes up which is not red highlighted, tap compass box and main led light blinks red and green slowly then rapidly, I then rotate drone forward by arms of rotors that are blinking, after going around once and then 1 more arm i get a short tone and then steady white light on main led. I have spent 2 hours in the 3 different places and it still will not calibrate. I have calibrated 2 Phantoms and one Typhoon q400k in same places with noo problems. Any ideas on what I am not doing correctly.

Tags:
  2. tony triaros

tony triaros New Member

Pretty much looks like compass failure. Try one last thing. Switch it on ,and let it sit for 20-25 mins. Let it figure things out. Then switch off and on again,and calibrate compass again. If it still doesn't work, then send it back. Can't see anything else being wrong

3. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

I believe he has solved his problem from a post he made on another forum. Seems he was doing the rotation the wrong way and to fast. Chief is this correct?

4. Chief

Chief Member

that is correct, tried it one last time watching video of calibration on computer in my house and it worked in the house! I sped up process but not to fast and went counterclockwise and bingo it worked. I thought I had been going counterclockwise but maybe not. On other site I have been told do not speed up process, although I read elsewhere speeding up process helps, any thoughts. If that did not do the trick and I was doing it counterclockwise why would it calibrate in the house and not outside, magic? Should i try it again outside or leave well enough alone?

5. Jagerbomb52

If I was you I would recreate what you did in the house but outside. Compass calibrations in the house is just asking for trouble. Why it worked in the house..........like you said maybe MAGIC :)

6. Chief

Chief Member

I guess I will try it outside as soon as it is light, if does not work any ideas what I should do, yeaterday was pretty frustrating

7. Jagerbomb52

Well if your doing everything by the book or should I say the video and it still is giving you problems I would call Yuneec CS when they are back in the office and ask what your next steps should be.

Let us know how it turns out.

8. Chief

Chief Member

Eureka!!!!! got calibration outside this morning after 2 times. now time for the fun to begin, thanks everybody for help, input and suggestions

Jagerbomb52 likes this.
  9. bwells88

bwells88 New Member

Hey All... I just received my Typhoon H a couple days ago and seem to have a different compass calibration issue.. I can't seem to get it to even attempt to calibrate... when I hit settings calibration and hit the compass button nothing happens, at all! I'Ve tried many, many times... after my last attmpt the drone is flashing green and white(maybe pink) and everything is connected... I can't seem to find out what that code is...

My firmwares are up yo date, ST16- v03.01.b27 and the Typhoon H is v3.2.26(A) for the camera... one odd thing is when I look in the settings under bind, even thought the ST16 recognizes my Typhoon, under aircraft model it says not connected.

any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

I tried something else and plugged the drone into my laptop and in the software it saya my compass is fine... so maybe I'm worrying about it for nothing... 8)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  10. Jagerbomb52

Its very strange you can not access the calibration screen, something is not right about that.
    Now for it to be flashing green and white do you mean it flashes green 3 times then a white flash? If so so that is normal for smart mode and you have enough sateleites locked for follow me\watch me mode.
    The other thing I would suggest is starting a separate post with your problem in the header so others can help with your problem.

11. bwells88

bwells88 New Member

Thanks for your help... It's not flashing three green and a white it's one green and one white but even the white has a pink hue so I'm a little baffled... Is there more flash codes other than the ones that come on the card?

I'll start a new thread tonight after work... Thanks again

12. Dennisdrone

Dennisdrone Active Member

I've also had some issues like this. Try flashing the flightcontroller, it has solved several problems for me. This video is not only about the new firmware...