compass calibration

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Plus Discussion' started by tigna, Sep 22, 2019.

1. tigna

tigna New Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Male
    near Roma, Italia
    Looking at the compass calibration mode regarding the ignition sequences of the various pairs of LEDs of the opposite arms I noticed that the ignition sequences do not correspond to the drone rotation. let me explain: according to the manual the lighting of the arms led is 2-5, 3-6, 4-1, 5-2, 6-3 and 1-4. if you look at the photo, the sequence of rotation of the drone takes place in an anti-clockwise direction, so if you turn on the pair 2-5 first, the sequence is 2-5, 1-4, 6-3, 5-2, 4-1 and 3-6.
    quite right???

2. Sureshot

Sureshot Member

Feb 21, 2019
    Male
    retired
    Cleveland TN
    From my experience with other flight controllers, the sequence doesn't matter as long as all axes are done.
    On the Typhoon H, I just face north and follow the blinking lights. So far. so good.

xi-elf likes this.
  3. tigna

tigna New Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Male
    near Roma, Italia
    I thank you for the answer.
    I would like to specify that even if the sequence does not correspond to what is indicated in the manual, in any case at the end of the sequence the ST16S indicates that the calibration was successful.
    That said, mine was only a clarification of the manual. I would have appreciated more opinions in this regard.
    Thanks again.

4. CrashALot

CrashALot Member

Oct 17, 2018
    as is true many times the tech writer of manual was not involved at all w/ the engineering and likely only had a drone to play with or maybe just asked someone in engineering the question.

so always go by reality and question the manual unless somehow you know something better.

plus who knows but maybe whoever translated to english just messed up, they likely had a few diff language versions of manual.

5. Sureshot

Sureshot Member

Feb 21, 2019
    Male
    retired
    Cleveland TN
    For many reasons it's always good to plan the first flight in an open area and hover low. If for example the compass has a problem the craft will circle as it hunts for the desired GPS location.