Constant beeping

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by pilch301, Dec 18, 2016.

1. pil

pilch301 New Member

Hi all can anyone help me with why my typhoon h beeps constantly when switched on and won't start up. I have calibrated the compass and gone to install my props and it starts to beep again with a purple and white flashing light.
    Thanks in advance

Tags:
  2. Aer

AerialAnt Member

Hmmmn? Well purple and white flashing on rear of the H is a good sign. As far as I understand that means you have great connection. I think purple is decent connection but doesn't have enough satellites to do the smart features but purple and white means controller link and gps/satellite connection is good enough to do smart functions. Someone please correct if im wrong.

3. Aer

AerialAnt Member

Do u by any chance have it in SMART mode while this is happening? I learned from guy on here (and by doing it) that it should never been within 30' of you in smart mode or it does craaazy stuff

4. Aer

AerialAnt Member

Maybe it's red/white flashing telling you that you are in a no flyzone.

5. Aer

AerialAnt Member

6. Jim

Jim A Member

I had the same problem just recently. Turns out that the right stick was not quite centered. Beeping constantly when link was established. I moved the stick left and right a couple of times and it finally centered and the beeping stopped. I went into the Hardware monitor screen and sure enough, it is hanging up to the right at 3% and needs a little bump to the left to get it to go back to zero. (Centered)
    It looks like my right side control stick will need to be repaired or replaced as it does this almost every time now. This slight amount of input when the stick fails to completely center causes the 'H' to drift a little until I wiggle the stick to the left a bit.

7. Pat

PatR Active Member

Constant beeping means the -16 has lost calibration. Visit the Yuneec Pilots website and read the threads about entering the secret menu to calibrate the -16. It's not hard.

8. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

This is how to calibrate the sticks on the st16. BE SURE THAT BEFORE YOU BEGIN CALIBRATE THAT THE SLIDERS OF THE CAMERA AND TURTLE ARE IN THE MIDDLE POSITION!

9. Jim

Jim A Member

Awesome tip Jagerbomb52. I think that's what's happened to my ST16 right control stick not centering. Going to calibrate it later tonight. Thanks.

10. Jim

Jim A Member

Update - Thanks Jagerbomb52, the calibration appears to have resolved my right stick issue of not fully returning to center (0). Testing out tomorrow with a few flights.

11. nicko

nicko New Member

PIL, if I read your post right. You're trying to install the props while the unit is turned on. That is a NO NO. Get your props on then back away, then start the ST16 then the start button on the H.
    Try that sequence and let us know how it goes.

12. Jim

Jim A Member

Calibrating the ST16 controller was easy and it resolved my issue completely. My H no longer beeps at me when first booted up and it seems to be more steady when hovering and has less drift.
    Thanks again Jagerbomb52.