Controller issue st16s

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Plus Discussion' started by D G LIGHTOWLER, Sep 27, 2021.

1. D G LIGHTOWLER

D G LIGHTOWLER New Member

Sep 27, 2021
    Male
    Greatfull for any help.
    My ST16S controller when going to mode features,seems to be stuck in follow me?,press on other modes nothing happens,any advice??
    Many thanks.Donals

2. bladechromaflyer

bladechromaflyer New Member

Sep 30, 2021
    Male
    how the heck do you post on this forum.?

3. D G LIGHTOWLER

Sep 27, 2021
    Male
    Don't bother you'll be lucky to get any replies

4. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Click on "Forums" at the top of the page.

Select the appropriate Forum

Scroll to the bottom and click "Post Thread"
    Post.jpg

5. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Please be aware the only time I have ever used these functions was a few minutes ago in an effort to answer your question. I'm no expert on the matter. But with that said, here is what I see:

The task modes on mine were also stuck in "Follow Me". So I went to the manual.
    What I found in the manual was less than revealing. Then I noticed a mention of "should be at least 6.5ft (2m) and 26ft (8m) between the aircraft and the ST16S". It sounded like just a recommendation. But it is apparently a programmed requirement. I suspect the idea is to have the drone close to starting position prior to starting the task. It would have been nice if they just said so.
    I took an H Plus out to give it a try. The modes would not work with the drone on the ground or close to me. I flew it out about 50 feet, landed, and still no mode changes were available. Started the motors again, increased altitude to about 10-15 feet. Hovering 10-15 ft above ground, all the Task modes were lit up and I could change to any I wanted. I landed and things were "stuck" again. I didn't do any more experimenting but at least it's a place for you to start. I think I would study real hard on the guidance starting on page 38 of the manual attached below before I tried any of the Task Modes. This looks like a bad place to be learning by trial and error.
    Good luck with it, and I hope it's a lot easier than it looks from the little bit I read.

Attached Files:

D G LIGHTOWLER likes this.
  6. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    This video discusses one of the H Plus Task Functions, and can maybe provide some pointers not in the manual. Also makes it look a lot easier than when just reading about it.

7. D G LIGHTOWLER

Sep 27, 2021
    Male
    Thanks for your.suggestions,will give this a try myself