discontinuance of the typhoon g and the q500+

Discussion in 'News' started by mikeinaz, Feb 19, 2016.

1. mikeinaz

mikeinaz Active Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    bullhead city arizona
    according to yuneec they will be gone in 30 days so if you want one grab it up now

2. forsberg2111

forsberg2111 Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Who told you this? Or where did you read it? Any news on the 4k?

3. mikeinaz

mikeinaz Active Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    bullhead city arizona
    peter ellin from acesdeals posted it like 10min ago on facebook doesn't say anything about the 4k

4. john*thomas

john*thomas Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    Williamstown WV
    Read to me like a sales come on. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't find any statement from Yuneec. Besides, they can't just be gone in 30 days. What are they doing? Destroying all left over stock.

5. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

Maybe they just mean the price is going back up geezer.gif

6. MadMattz

MadMattz Active Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Male
    Upstate NY USA
    Heard from another source this is correct. They are killing the G and 500+, however the 4K will remain

7. forsberg2111

forsberg2111 Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Isnt the G the newest of them all. Its strange why they would discontinue it so quickly

8. MadMattz

MadMattz Active Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Male
    Upstate NY USA
    I would assume it didn't sell as well as the CGO models.

9. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

They will make more money selling just the gopro gimbal by itself as i see dealers have it listed at 399.00. You could get the whole deal for 499.00. So by getting rid of the package deal you will now have to buy the 4K and pay for the add on gopro gimbal if thats what you want

MadMattz likes this.
  10. mrburns

mrburns Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2015
    Male
    Leicestershire United Kingdom
    Production of the Typhoon is still underway but will be replaced by the H imminently once final firmware is confirmed.

Originally the Typhoon was to co exist but given Intel's investment then it was fair to assume that all old products would discontinue when they are remodeled into the new Intel hardware.

11. Sticks

Sticks Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Denver CO area
    Wow, obsolete and end of service life in less than 6 months.

12. mrburns

mrburns Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2015
    Male
    Don,t forget there will still be plenty of stocks. So a good bargain to be had.

13. Sticks

Sticks Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Denver CO area
    Parts is more of a concern. I see eventually a lot of Q500's being Frankensteined onto generic 500mm frames.

nomad33fw likes this.
  14. mrburns

mrburns Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2015
    Male
    Parts will not be an issue - "Famous last words"

15. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

The way I have read it and many dealers are saying just the older Q500+ (the white one) and the Typhoon G (gopro model) are the only ones being shelfed. This does not mean they are stopping production on the Typhoon 4K. It is after all their customer fly out of the box platform to get you hooked to move on to the Typhoon H or the Tornado H920. There will always be parts for the Typhoon as that is their money tree. There will also be many good deals on the Typhoon G in months to come. Dealers will have a lot of stock to get rid of, it just does not happen overnight all though I bet they wish it would :)

16. mrburns

mrburns Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2015
    Male
    There will be plenty of 4K supply from current production. It's just the way production is undertaken.

17. SparkoRC

SparkoRC Active Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Surrey. United Kingdom
    With all this talk Q500+ and Q500G of being discontinued, with all this in mind I sincerely hope that Yuneec are not going to side track those customers with issues of cracks found on their Tyhoon !

povertybeach likes this.
  18. nomad33fw

nomad33fw Active Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    When I saw the price of the GoPro gimbal I picked up a G for the $499 price. Gimbal and spares . That said I have been looking at carbon 550 frames should the need arise. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to transplant the guts, I've built plenty of RC planes and cars.

What worries me more is no more development of the firmware. I was looking forward to the possibility of waypoints or screen recording with telemetry. Dashware is a PITA

19. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

Where are you guys getting no more development of firmware from? They are doing away with 2 models for god sakes not the Typhoon 4K series. Same insides as the Q500, Q500+ and the Typhoon G. Nothing is going to change other than they will not be offering the Q500+ (white one) or the Typhoon G (gopro one)
    Wake up people the sky is not falling

povertybeach likes this.
  20. nomad33fw

nomad33fw Active Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    No one said "They are" said that it "worries me"