Does anyone know what the difference is between the two antennas

Discussion in 'Help' started by Ralph Trynor, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Ralph Trynor

Ralph Trynor New Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Male
    I have two small antennas that came with my system but nothing tells me what the difference is. I can only use one at a time and not sure what the best one to use would be. Any ideas?

2. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    There is no chance anyone can provide help if you don't at least tell what the "system" is. The more information you can provide, the more likely it is that someone can help.

Posting in the correct sub-forum would also be of more benefit.

3. GaDrone

GaDrone New Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    I can only guess that you are talking about the Typhoon H Pro? Did you get a round or mushroom one probably attached to the controller and a square one in the box?? As I understand it, Yuneec did some mods and instead of removing all the mushrooms, they just put the square one in the package. I have two H's, both are set up with different antennas and I have not found that much of a difference in coverage, connectivity or??

4. Halfblindrabbet

Halfblindrabbet New Member

Mar 17, 2016
    Male
    Union County, NC, USA
    I am speaking from past experience with smaller quads, back when we used to build our own machines. The mushroom antenna is a circular polarized configuration designed for FPV use. Generally localized flying, short range, urban areas, less than 1/8 mile radius. The circular polarized has good signal around trees, bushes, small buildings when flying proximity. As when flying around the yard or in a park. The square antenna, on the other hand, was billed to be a directional, longer range type antenna. It was less effective below the tree line and more effective with a straight, uninterrupted line of site, above the tree line.
    I have sampled both antennas on my H520. I really havent noticed much of a difference, if any, of either type antenna supplied from Yuneec.
    I hope this gives some insight.

WTFDproject likes this.