Does your Yuneec hover in place?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BEC1, Jan 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

That will help, I think LOL

Lawrence likes this.
  2. Geo

George Rundt New Member

Might be stating the obvious did you calibrate the quad? Also make sure it's take off spot is level. Unless windy mine is stable as my DJI Phantom4 or any other quad I have observed. Also buy a prop balance, for some reason out of the four set's of props I own for my Q500 4K three of the were extremely out of balance.

3. rbi

rbilyeu1 New Member

Had poor support from dji and they are discontinuing many models now. Just be careful is all.

4. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

If you calibrated the accelerometer on a level surface what difference would taking off from a level surface make?

5. sky

skypuppy7 Member

The stupid camera won't stay straight if you don't take off on a level surface. Grrr.

Lawrence likes this.
  6. Cas

Casey Wilson New Member

I'm a bit behind the reply curve and admit to not reading all the replies you've received so far. If I'm repeating someone, I apologize.

As ATPs you and the friend must be familiar with the GPS WAAS we use in aviation nav which is spec'd for only 3 meters accuracy. You then also know our simple sUAS are not WAAS grade systems. The FAA specs for non-WAAS GPS receivers allows for horizontal position errors up to 9 meters. The GPS position calculation is dynamic, hence the sUAS will be constantly chasing that location calculation. Fifteen feet is easily within the spec.

Here's my suggestion, since you want to display an aerial view of a property, take still pictures and use those in your sales pitches — augmented with an orbit video or two.

Regards,
    . Casey

7. Luke Warm

Luke Warm New Member

No drift with mine in constant 14 mph winds.
    It's now 13 months old and I've never done a firmware update. Darnedst thing I've ever flown, and have placed it in hovers high and low and it might pitch a tad with wind gusts but stays there like a well-trained bird dog.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  8. Bur

Burmansound New Member

My H is rock solid with little or no wind. I did some filming last Summer in the Salton Sea in some intense heat with some wind and convection currents and it moved around a bit, but I think that's normal when the air is moving that much. I took it up during the sand fire here in LA in 45 mph gusts and it was surprisingly stable. I couldn't fly it upwind much, and I was careful not to fly it downwind so I could bring it back, but it was stable and controllable.

9. Pat

PatR Active Member

I've found that drift issues typically originate with what the user is doing during system power up. If cals are done and they set the H down and leave it alone during the boot process they are very stable. If the user turns it on and moves it during the boot up they are lucky if it doesn't end up doing a toilet bowl. That's pretty much applicable to any brand. Look at it like having INS. You don't move the plane when the INS is initializing.

Codestar7 likes this.
  10. Bur

Burmansound New Member

I have launched mine several times from a rocking boat, and it hovers just fine. The only problem I've noticed is that sometimes the camera is not level.

11. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

Here is my Chroma at a hover. Calibrations were just done and took off from a level surface. No wind.

12. Codestar7

Codestar7 Active Member

My conclusion exactly.

13. Codestar7

Codestar7 Active Member

Actually that looks like ground effect, it can reach lightly up 6 or 10 feet at hover.

14. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

Possibly, but I've seen other brands that are totally rock solid at even lower altitudes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I really like my Chroma.

Codestar7 likes this.
  15. Wynand Louw

Wynand Louw New Member

Had my quad for a while, took off into hover no issue, well that was until a few weeks ago. It seems that the controller (ST10+) is bust! When calibrating the controller some of the boxes does not want to turn green, and as the trims on the controller are useless my Q500 now takes off in a permanent drift.

16. Codestar7

Codestar7 Active Member

Just a suggestion.

Lawrence likes this.