Drone business

Discussion in 'Drone Business' started by photo2be, Apr 18, 2016.

1. ion

ionizer24 New Member

No it's "special" insurance. Specific to UAV operation. Liability only, loss of hull is stupid expensive. Remember I am in Canada, ymmv.

2. ion

ionizer24 New Member

I believe one needs different coverage, but I am new to all this and am not an AMA member.

Clarification on my post above: max altitude is 400', unless one has the specific permissions within their SFOC to fly higher than 400' and BVLOS. Those I believe are restricted to police and armed forces and the like (Conservation officers, border agencies and department of fisheries officers, for examples).

I tried editing the post but The site thought I was spamming or otherwise inappropriate.

3. NayNay

NayNay New Member

4. PJP

PJP Active Member

I would hit the internet and read all you can about those who have already shelled out their money.

5. Denis56

Denis56 Active Member

Hello Guys,

In France, as a professional operator, we must have a professsionnal aviation insurance and be reported to the Civil Aviation Regulation administration. Today, we need a microlight theoretical examination and practical skills. Specific drone exam for professsionnal will soon emerge. We are obligated to declare by e-mail to the prefecture (like a local federal administration) every time we want to conduct a commercial operation in an built up area or with manifestation (up gathering of ten people) which takes a maximum of 5 days to acquire a reply positive or negative by e-mail. If no response by authority after 5 days, the flight is accepted automatically. In this type of flight (Scenario 3), we can fly up to 150 meters high from ground, with exceptions related to airports aeras for example . As professional, we had the possibility to request authorization from airports operators to fly near. The horizontal distance is 100 meters maximum (200 meters maximum horizontal distance for others cases without urban aera or manifestation). We must prepare and maintain a procedures manual for our professsionnal practice, compliance with laws and can be checked at any time by the authorities like police or others ... Of course we must follow the procedures provided on our procedures manual.
    [​IMG]
    For each commercial drone flight, we need to mark an protection area to inform and protect people. At a minimum, it should be 10 meters radius, and depends on the speed and flight height, and weight of the drone. Most often it is around 30 meters radius. The implementation of the markup to secure the protection area takes time for each flight ...It is forbidden to fly in the night and over people or animals.

For cons, the french regulations will change for individuals since there is not much to this day and many are not aware aviation regulations which can be dangerous. Not forgetting those who sell their pictures or movies while regulations require to be professional drone operator to do.

Regulation in France, in French:
    http://aerophoto-drones.bzh/drones-reglementation-aerienne-france/
    Summary of regulation in France, in English:
    http://aerophoto-drones.bzh/2017/01/30/fly-a-drone-in-france-for-foreigners-and-regulation/

www.aerophoto-drones.bzh

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  6. ser

serking New Member

I too own a Q500 and now planning to build an arduino brained quad copter, anyone here intrested on arduino powred flight control boards

7. Sky

Skypuppy Member

I think you're going to need a bit more umph than an Arduino can give you. Maybe a Beaglebone Black or Raspberry Pi 3.

8. TheLazyC

TheLazyC Member

I think one secret to starting up a new business, especially in Drone Photography is to go out and take some photos and give them away to some select folks, get them on social media and let the phones start to ring wanting to get a photo like "Joe's" of their home, business, farm, etc... I have done this before with sports photos, give away a print during a ball game of mama's son pitching and the other mamas start throwing money at me for their son.

I am still new to the drone photography, but have been doing aerials for years. Not making a killing, but grossing $15k or more per year.

I want to swing from aerial to drone photography because I think you get a better angle and better photo of the property, mainly if taking buildings as compared to acreage.

I am trying to get a website going, but not too good at that and have a Facebook page as well.

http://www.sovaaviation.com

droner and skypuppy7 like this.
  9. droner

droner Active Member

Do you have your Part 107 yet? Just curious. I must start studying for mine.

10. R12NDS

R12NDS New Member

Is part 107 specific to certain countries? I am in the UK and am aware of a course and aviation application which is required for commercial work, but never heard of 107?

11. droner

droner Active Member

The UK is a whole other ball game. You need to check with whoever rules your airspace in the UK.
    Good luck.

12. ndv

ndvishop.ca New Member

Drones can be used by anyone to take "Pretty Pictures"
    I think most are missing the point!!
    UAV's are important tools and data collection devices.
    IBM thought hardware was the key, Microsoft proved information was worth way more. Show people how they can save and make at same time.
    ndvishop.ca
    Mapping, agriculture, insurance inspection
    Be creative