E-go Controller App on Android

Discussion in 'E-GO Skateboard' started by Nichtok, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Nic

Nichtok New Member

Hi, does it exist an app on Android that emulates the remote controller as it exists for Iphone?

Tags:
  2. midego

midego Administrator Staff Member

3. Sar

Saranay New Member

Yes we do have app for android. But is beta.
    I tested with my E-Go 2 longboard.

Everything is working fine. EXCEPT there is latency. it takes 3-4 secs to reponse via bluetooth app with Android.

I am not a programmer. but I do have source codes if anyone interested to develop.

4. Psp

Pspletinckx New Member

Are you a member of the yuneec team? Where did this source come from and what's it's licence (can we build on it).
    @midego Are there any code,libs, api or documentation where we can start from?

5. Sar

Saranay New Member

no i am not related to any community here. the source code is from friend of mine. He was working on it awhile ago. it called, OpenSource E-GO Cruiser. There is no licensed on it. I don't know as I mentioned. I have no knowledge of programming background.

Basically just an Android Studio project. you can modify and build APK and install on your android. Ill see if it is ok to share the source code on here or not. I have no privilege to claim and is not mine. But if you are interested to develop for the community.

6. Nar

Narsacram New Member

Can you please send me the a link to the project file? I'd like to take a stab at it.
    Thanks!

7. cfitz

cfitz New Member

Hey @Saranay, any chance you could ask your friend to post the code? I am working on controlling the board via BCI headset (in our case, a Muse) with a few friends and this code would provide us with a huge headstart on sending signals to the board.. Would greatly appreciate it!

8. Dentedmind

Dentedmind New Member

Ditto @Saranay..i would greatly appreciate a copy of the code/project as I would like to contribute to it as well... The E-GO community definitely deserves an Android app. Ride well

9. Kai

Kai Demarco New Member