Ego 2 charging/battery issue help please

Discussion in 'E-GO Skateboard' started by Socaltrader, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Socaltrader

Socaltrader New Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Greetings all -

I have had my ego 2 for a few months now and have developed a problem that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

First off nothing happened that I know of EG:didnt drop it, go in puddles, down steep hills etc.
    Possible issue was it was in my trunk for a few hours in the socal heat.

The issue: Battery says its dead on the controller and the light flashes. Power is lost at take off and breaking is noticeably slower. Still seems to get to around the same top speed though, just takes longer.

The battery is not dead! it will charge (3-5hrs) and run for 10+ miles. charges and the lights on the charger seem fine.

when ridding (been using it for a few weeks like this) after 10-15min it will shut off like its dead, but a quick power cycle get 10-15 more mins or more.

No warning light or other colors or anything like that.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong and what I need to replace?
    TIA!!!

2. Socaltrader

Socaltrader New Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Anybody have any ideas?

3. wackypack

wackypack New Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Male
    once in a while i need to go through the whole controller re-binding process after just slightly, accidentally moving the blue "sport to eco" switch on the controller while in use which puts the board into like this total turd mode, alot slower than the "turtle" / "eco" mode. besides that it would likely just be a problem with the CPU which is seemingly a very sensitive part - i've already had to buy two just for silly reasons like letting the board roll backwards while powered on which fried one immediately. i'm not saying yuneec did anything wrong with the manufacturing of the product, its just the nature of a device like this with sensitive electronics getting beat to hell on the roads with the only protection being a quarter inch of polyurethane, a situation incomparable to any vehicle using air-filled tires..