Q500 4K ESC Issue - Restart Required

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by Josh Arnold, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Jos

Josh Arnold New Member

Hi Guys,

I am a new owner of my Q500 4k. I took it out for her maiden voyage with no problems. Then I updated the firmware and took my Typhoon outside when i started it up it cartwheeled and broke 3 propellers. On closer inspection it appears that motor 4 is spinning clockwise when the motor indicates it should be counter clockwise. I have tried assigning the ESC ID assignment and when i get to Rotor 4 it tells me to restart my Drone. When I reboot it the rotor appears to be spinning the wrong way. I don't know what to do, I don't want to take it outside and break another set of props or even the camera. Any help would be appreciated because i have no idea.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Do a reinstall of the firmware. After that hook it back up to the GUI and reassign everything again. Hopefully that will fix it.

3. Jos

Josh Arnold New Member

Thank you for your prompt reply the motor started smoking when i started it up so i will be returning it first thing tomorrow.

4. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

LOL
    Good call :)

5. Tank

Tank Member

Send it back to Yuneec.