Q500 4K ESC Issue - Restart Required

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by Josh Arnold, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Josh Arnold

Josh Arnold New Member

Jan 1, 2017
    Male
    Hi Guys,

I am a new owner of my Q500 4k. I took it out for her maiden voyage with no problems. Then I updated the firmware and took my Typhoon outside when i started it up it cartwheeled and broke 3 propellers. On closer inspection it appears that motor 4 is spinning clockwise when the motor indicates it should be counter clockwise. I have tried assigning the ESC ID assignment and when i get to Rotor 4 it tells me to restart my Drone. When I reboot it the rotor appears to be spinning the wrong way. I don't know what to do, I don't want to take it outside and break another set of props or even the camera. Any help would be appreciated because i have no idea.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    Retired
    Canada
    Do a reinstall of the firmware. After that hook it back up to the GUI and reassign everything again. Hopefully that will fix it.

3. Josh Arnold

Josh Arnold New Member

Jan 1, 2017
    Male
    Thank you for your prompt reply the motor started smoking when i started it up so i will be returning it first thing tomorrow.

4. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    Retired
    Canada
    LOL
    Good call :)

5. Tank

Tank Member

Aug 9, 2016