External Marking Requirement for Small Unmanned Aircraft

Discussion in 'News' started by Jagerbomb52, Feb 13, 2019.

1. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

Is the $5.oo number we bought a couple years ago still good, or do we need to get new registration numbers? The document wasn't easy reading, maybe I missed it.

2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

3. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    I have always put my FAA number, my name and my Phone number, in plain sight on the bottom of my drone......and covered it with clear tape to protect it from the weather....so no need to change anything on this one...I am interested on the other two things they are discussing about flying over people and flying at night....

4. RatBob

RatBob New Member

Jan 4, 2019
    I wrote mine on the underside with a sharpie, I'll be re-registering 3 drones under 107 so I'll end up with a different number for each one.

5. Paul H

Paul H New Member

Jun 21, 2018
    Male
    Veterinary Surgeon
    Burlington VT
    With no disrespect intended, if you are going to operate under Part 107 you may want to consider using a labeler and make the markings look much more professional.

6. RatBob

RatBob New Member

Jan 4, 2019
    Actually I'm amazed you're that level of petty, kind of amusing really.

7. MrC

MrC New Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Male
    Come on man. He prefaced it with “no disrespect intended.” He was just making a suggestion.

8. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    I print the labels on my computer, then stick it on the bottom of my drone and cover it with a piece of crystal clear package tape to protect it from the weather, and I just fly as a hobby, no 107 stuff.....If you are going to try to make money with your drone, it should all look professional ......

9. RatBob

RatBob New Member

Jan 4, 2019
    #10 RatBob, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    A professional is smart enough to wait until they have a permanent number assigned before having a graphics company make professional looking decals as opposed to the jury rigged amateurish looking methods you both describe, neither of which look all that professional.

10. RatBob

RatBob New Member

Jan 4, 2019
    and I just pointed out how petty a concern it was, which it is

11. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    They were just inexpensive suggestions, that look great without costing a pile of money to have some artist paint in on the bottom of a drone that will probably crash, before the numbers wear off......The ones I print on my computer. look great and they will last as long as the drone, ...You actually sound like you got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning, Have a great night and wake up with a better attitude tomorrow....around here we are all family, just trying to help each other..........

12. RatBob

RatBob New Member

Jan 4, 2019
    They don't sound anymore professional looking than a sharpie actually and I don't recall actually asking for opinions on my method.

13. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    Have a nice day.................................................................