Failed to initialize camera

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by Alphoto, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Alphoto

Alphoto Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    For no reason I can think of and after using Typhoon H for a long time, when booting up yesterday, I got the message "Failed to initialize camera" and "Receiver was not selected". Photos attached. I have tried everything I can think of. Ideas, suggestions and HELP needed. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    This is an interesting failure. It is fairly normal for the controller to display "Failed to initialize camera" for a few seconds AFTER video is shown on screen. But yours is also not showing video. The fact you got the "connection established" message on the binding screen tells us a lot of the process is working. The first target would be the controller, but the camera is still a real possibility. So some elimination is in order.
    1.) Do you have another controller or a smartphone you can use to see if it will connect with the camera?
    2.) Similar, do you have another camera you can use to see if it will connect to the controller?
    3.) Have you removed the SD card from the camera to see if it will connect without the SD card installed?
    4.) Have you done any recent firmware updates, controller reset, new apps on the controller?
    5.) Can you think of anything at all that happened or changed between the last time the system worked correctly and the first time it did not?

3. Alphoto

Alphoto Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    So it gets stranger. I took out the SD card and rebooted. The first time it worked as it should, a little slow but it read the camera. I re-erased the card put it back and tried again and as before, same problem. Then I took out the card and tried. This time it initialized the camera, but the screen was black. So, I am lost. I have done nothing new, in fact I dont make any updates, because I dont want to lose my NFZ blocker. This is Florida so even though I am careful, it may have gotten hot, but I have been using it for years, with no problems. I do have an iPhone 12, but do not know how to use it to connect. Thanks again for any assistance.

4. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    There are a lot of possibilities here. I could be a firmware issue rather than hardware. Some things you can try:
    1.) Reset the Controller -

2.) Reset the camera. Take out the SD card. Power up the camera. Press both of the small buttons beside the SD card slot, and let it reboot.
    (2) Looking for a CGO3 | Yuneec Drone Forum (yuneecpilots.com)

3.) Re-install firmware on controller and camera.