Fat Shark Predator V2

Discussion in 'Help' started by raddbus, Mar 24, 2016.

1. ylarik

ylarik New Member

Feb 10, 2016
    Male
    So William do you have any experience getting the video feed out from CGO3? Or any idea where could I find some hints - I have been searching around but no luck so far.

2. William Ball

William Ball Active Member

Jan 30, 2016
    Male
    Engineer
    Western NY (chautauqua lake)
    I do not. I have never tried to separate out the cgo2+ video. What I will do this evening is fire up my q500 and my fatshark goggles and see if it will feed to one of the 7 channels that fatshark goggles receive on. I doubt this will happen or it would have been reported by now. If you want to FPV your Q500+ you will need independent transmitter on the q and a set of goggles designed to work with that range of frequencies. Fatshark is going to be compatible with Immersion rc transmitters. The Skyzone (foxtech) goggles are going to be compatible with the boscam transmitters. That being said the boscam 30 channel transmitters will work with fatshark as they have included the 7 channels for fatshark. Here is a link to two of the best FPV providers in the USA. Best service and they back what they sell with great customer service.

http://www.getfpv.com/

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/

Bill

3. ylarik

ylarik New Member

Feb 10, 2016
    Male
    Thaks Bill! I would very much like to hear the result of you tests! However I believe the CGO3(CGO2) cameras are transmitting digital signal and FatShark is not able to receive it (unless there is some third party receiver modul for FatShark goggle which I am not aware of).
    So pretty much the only option is exactly how you describe it - I would need to get the video feed out from the camera, wire it to Immersion TX and then receive the picture from Immersion TX to FatShark goggles and from CGO3 camera TX to ST10+. I have been looking around in internet - so far I have not seen anyone describing the pin-out of CGO cameras.

4. raddbus

raddbus Active Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Male
    Electronic Tech
    California
    So I've been reading up on the newest FPV by Connex, very impressive. I'm hoping I can incorporate this new system. Here is the info avalible so far, http://www.connexhd.com/?utm_source=E-blast acton&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ProSight acton

The spec say the tansmitter take 4.1 W & the camer is 1 W total of 5.1W. I hope I can do this without an additional battery.
    Love to hear what you all may now, I never checked on the wattage consumption of the other systems mentioned.

5. Sticks

Sticks Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Denver CO area
    I think no matter what you do you are looking at decreased flight times unless you can piggyback a large enough 3s battery in parallel with the main to augment the combined weight and power draw. The one equal trade off may be removing the CGO camera while running FPV.

I ought to throw an ampmeter on my steady grip to see what the CGO actually draws.

6. raddbus

raddbus Active Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Male
    Electronic Tech
    California
    Thanks sticks, The Drone that I want to install the FPV will not have a CGO2 or CGO3 camera on it, only the FPV camera. I'm making sure that all will work before I commit to installing a unit. As for the flight time, I knew this would decrease but willing to sacrifice some time with this drone, I have 2 other Typhoons I fly for photo, I just want to have some fun with FPV on this one.

7. raddbus

raddbus Active Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Male
    Electronic Tech
    California
    Well I've made the plunge, I ordered the Fastshark Dominator HD2 goggle, FatShark 700TVL V2 CMOS, Filtered Balance Lead Power Supply Adapter 2s-4s #1607, Fat Shark Dominator 5.8GHz Receiver Module, 32CH Race Band & ImmersionRC - Race Band 600mW 5.8GHz A/V Transmitter. So I'll be making my Modded Typhoon an FPV quad soon. Also picked up a Walkera Runner 250 RTF Racing Drone RC Quadcopter. Got it for a really good price, RTF out of the box, just needed goggles. haven't flown it yet but the after watching the youtube, I'm sure I'll be impressed. Will keep you all posted.

8. raddbus

raddbus Active Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Male
    Electronic Tech
    California
    #48 raddbus, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Ok guys, I know it has been WAY to long, WOW, 1 1/2 years later, for me to have finally start on the TYPHOON FPV. Over the Christmas holiday I was able to finial start the process of making one of my TYPHOON drones into an FPV. Almost finished and will post pic when done. I can't wait to finish & try it out.