Finally, my gimble and CGO3 are off to repair

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luke, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Luke

Luke Active Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Male
    Texas
    With all the glowing reviews I've seen and feedback in regard to where to send my broken parts to, I decided to pack my stuff up and send off to Drones Plus in Dallas (actually Frisco, TX).

I managed to speak with a guy named Ervin there twice and he gave me a good "diagnosis" in regard to how my stuff can be put back into shape.

Thanks to all who gave me leads. I hope to be back in the sky soon. (I think I should glue rhinestones to my Q500-4K when it comes back and name it, "Lucy in the skies, with diamonds" not that any of you youngsters will have any idea, what the heck "Lucy in the sky, with diamonds" is...

I'll post a follow-up when I get my stuff back and detail my satisfaction level and the cost of the repair.

Eric Poll likes this.
  2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

Just remember that song refers to a very wild acid trip. You don't want to be doing that now do you?

Luke likes this.
  3. jbourne

jbourne Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Male
    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band is what comes to my mind. But now I'm dating myself.... lol

Luke likes this.
  4. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

Written by: Lennon-McCartney
    Recorded: 28 February; 1, 2 March 1967
    Producer: George Martin
    Engineer: Geoff Emerick

Released: 1 June 1967 (UK), 2 June 1967 (US)

I did a school paper on the song, now I'm dating myself :)

Luke likes this.
  5. Luke

Luke Active Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Male
    Texas
    Exactly why I thought of that song, because as I contemplated doing the repair myself, I relized I had no acid-free solder :)

6. Luke

Luke Active Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Male
    Texas
    Yep, I wish my knees and back and shoulders were feeling like they were in the late 60s... Now when someone says "joint", I think of my aching elbows... Not that I did joints when I was, but I have been in a few joints I don't think I'd like to step foot in ever again.