C-GO2 Firmware Issue

Discussion in 'Camera's (C-GO2/C-GO3/C-GO4)' started by Clay Robertson, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Clay Robertson

Clay Robertson New Member

I have a CGO2+ that apparently has a firmware issue. The unit was sent to Carolina Dronz but they sent it back stating they could not fix it. Apparently the main board is not a part you can buy. Tried emailing and calling Yuneec but that was a failed attempt.

No reply to my email and 1:14 on hold only to get a recording saying "Thank you for calling Yuneec support, we are currently attending a company event" I cannot tell you how frustrated I am. They can build a high tech drone, but they can program a phone system to be smart enough offer a "call back" option if you prematurely close. Anyway, I digress-The bottom line question is; do I just throw this expensive camera in the trash?

2. mrburns

mrburns Moderator Staff Member

It is true that you cannot repair the boards.

Talk nicely to Yuneec to get an exchange or upgrade. Alternatively look for a second hand unit.

Be patient as it is in your interest.

Just thought you could try
    http://www.mendonipadrehab.com/mail-in-instructions

Jagerbonmb used these for a repair

3. Clay Robertson

Thanks for the feedback. I know my frustration is not going to help me. The part I left out of my post is I have called several times and the wait time has been 40-50 min. long & one of those times I waited to be told they had closed (with no notification to callers in queue).

The dang camera is such an important part of the drone for me (I use it in my business). I will try to contact Yuneec again and I will be nice if I ever get them on the phone. In the meantime I did purchase the GOPRO gimbal. Better camera, but you lose ground control because Yuneec has a proprietary lock on that.

Anyway, thanks for your reply. It is nice to know people still have a genuine interest in helping others.

4. Clay Robertson

Two Questions...

1-Will the YUNEEC CGO3 Camera 4K 3-Axis Gimbal for Typhoon Q500 4K Quadcopter work on my Q500 unit that came standard with the CGO2+?

2-Would I need to change the firmware on the Q500 or the ST10+ to make this work (bothe have the lastest firmware now)

5. FinnGuy

FinnGuy Member

1. Yes, it will work.

2. No. You only need to re-bind the camera using the controller.

6. Clay Robertson

Thanks for yor reply.