Q500 4K Firmware update computer comm failure

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by WARDHOG, Dec 19, 2015.

1. WARDHOG

WARDHOG Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Male
    Retired A10 guy
    I had a lot of issues with the Q500 talking to my computer after it was connected. I moved the Q500 around while the GUI was downloading and all of a sudden it stopped. Well to make a long story short, I found one of the wires (white) had slipped out a little bit from the connector in the battery compartment.
    Once I spotted that, I was able to push it back in with my fingers and held it firmly while I reconnected the connector back together. Started it all back up and finished the download.

I'm thinking that is what's happening to a lot of other people but are not aware of the wire problem.

So, much for China's quality checks.

2. mrburns

mrburns Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2015
    Male
    Leicestershire United Kingdom
    Sorry to here this. Most issues appear to be production related.

Is there a possibility to identify exactly which wire we are talking about. Can you upload a picture?

3. WARDHOG

WARDHOG Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Male
    Retired A10 guy
    The white one shown in pictures with wire exposed near base of the connector.

Attached Files:

4. mrburns

mrburns Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2015
    Male
    Leicestershire United Kingdom
    Wardhog,
    I see, it was not push home in its housing..

Thanks again for showing us this.

5. WARDHOG

WARDHOG Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Male
    Retired A10 guy
    The connector just dangles inside the battery compartment and is new UAS. So, that could possibly be a factory mod so you don't have to worry about re-connecting the circuit back together. I could see people with that and wouldn't be able to fly because the circuit wasn't closed.