First Crash Part Help

Discussion in 'Blade Chroma Series' started by Rcharvey71, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Rch

Rcharvey71 New Member

Hello, First time poster here with a mystery I'm trying to solve any help would be greatly appreciated. I purchased a Blade Chroma CG02 from my nephew a few weeks ago. It came with no manuals and i just got a quick 30 minute 'how-to' lesson. I flew it once in my backyard just a quick flight to show my family. Nothing major and no trouble to note. Everything seemed fine. The next day i charged the battery and took it to my parents farm to show off to my dad who is a pilot. As soon as i lifted off to a height of about 3 feet the drone veered sharply and flew directly into a tree. The camera separated from the drone and the base of the gimbal with the little white shock absorbers came apart. After reassembling everything and checking the drone out I was able to fly it with no problems. Looking back I think i may have not have fully extended the GPS antenna but i am not sure. The question I have is this: After reassembling everything I found 2 of these small plastic clear things in the yard and have no clue what they do or what function they serve. If anyone can shed some light on what these parts do I would greatly appreciate it because I am leery of flying the drone if these are crucial parts. Also any insight as to what may have cause the initial malfunction would be appreciated as well.
    Thanks
    Harvey

Attached Files:

Tags:
    Lawrence likes this.
  2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

I guessing they are the gimbal guards that can be installed between the rubber dampers so your gimbal takes less damage.
    Something like this
    images.jpg

3. whe

wherry Active Member

Sounds a bit like you were in SAFE MODE and took off standing too close to the Q. That would be my first guess, anyway.

4. Chewman

Chewman Member

I would have to agree

5. whe

wherry Active Member

6. On Target Home Inspection

On Target Home Inspection New Member

Those are very important. Those secure the rubber shocks to the gimbel and the air-frame. I use loose small wire ties in there place. Any sharp movement and the camera could detach

7. ton

tony moran New Member

I used a zip tie