First Initial Flight

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by Nicholas Giardelli, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Nic

Nicholas Giardelli New Member

This was my first initial flight with the Typhoon H, I received the drone on Friday but could not fly due to weather. I powered up the controlled, powered up the drone, calibrated the compass, installed blades. Powered the motors up and let it sit for 5 -10 seconds. I doubled check the ST16 that I had 12 satellites and is was in ready mode. I gave it a little throttle and the Typhoon lifted up and hovered for 10-15 seconds 3-4 foot off the ground and then it went crazy. The drone went right at full throttle, it never responded to and input from the ST16. I switched to from Smart mode to Home but that never affected it. I will contact Yuneec on Monday and hope they will make good on this. What would cause this to happen?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. smo

smokdup New Member

how close was you standing to the H when you lifted off.....if you was in smart mode when you lifted off and you was standing close to it, it will try and get a safe distance from where the radio is...

3. Nic

Nicholas Giardelli New Member

I was at least 100 feet from the drone.

Hdchopper113 likes this.
  4. Ron Witkamp

Ron Witkamp Active Member

Sorry for your loss....hope it will be replaced...

Codestar7 likes this.
  5. endless view

endless view Member

Feel sorry for your loss. Have your flight log prepared and consult the dealer. That will sort everything out.

6. Tun

Tuna Member

Wow, that doesn't look like a crash, that looks like it's been run over by a truck... repeatedly :)

Luckily for you, the Typhoon records all telemetry, so it can tell what was happening when things went wrong. If you want, you can upload your telemetry here for people to take a look.

Yuneec can also use it to diagnose any problems. The good news is that they are usually very good about fixing and replacing equipment when things have gone wrong. Let us know how you get on.

7. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

Check the telemetry. I would say: Constant Compass-Calibration-Warnings 32 all the time.
    This should be replaced by Yuneec, looks like the known fault.

be HE

Wingshooter likes this.