Q500 4K follow me and watch me

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by Mario Rodriguez, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Mar

Mario Rodriguez Member

I'm under the impression that when in "watch me" mode the Q500 is supposed to direct the camera towards the st10 + and keep it in it's cross hairs, or at the very least, somewhere close. It seems mine just doesn't keep me in it's sites even fairly so, it will follow me, and almost always turn in my general direction when I first select the mode, however the camera will not adjust angle ever to keep me in sight, if I get under the craft I have to move the camera to look down otherwise it will loose me all together.

Is this the way it's supposed to work? or am I missing something? If it is supposed to adjust the camera, how accurate is it supposed to be. You watch the yuneec promo videos and the youtube videos from "independent" parties and it's all peaches and cream, I seem to be missing the cream.

Overall I'm happy with the bird, wish it would fly longer than 15 minutes, but, I really need this watch me mode to be working as advertised, maybe I'm asking for too much?

Tags:
  2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Mine sometimes will not lock onto me all that great. If I am moving pretty fast it seems to have harder time. It could be just how well it has a satellite lock. Having to adjust the camera to look down is not right.

3. Mar

Mario Rodriguez Member

In my case I'm walking at a 61 year old's pace LOL, a months old bird should be able to keep up. When you say "having to adjust the camera to look down is not right" do you mean it should do it by it's self? (I hope)

medicjtd likes this.
  4. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Yes mine does but I am never right over head with my quad so straight up and down I can't say. I did a video last summer of me out paddling in a canoe and it had no problem keeping me in the picture.

5. MyDroneSpot

MyDroneSpot New Member

Mr. Jaggerbomb52, I see that you added antennas to your remote. Have you tried "watch me" mode from your truck with a stock ST10? I would be hesitant.