Found a copter eating tree......

Discussion in 'H920 Hexacopter' started by janjaap, Mar 13, 2016.

1. janjaap

janjaap Active Member

Ai, thats bad, sorry for the loss.
    But how come the camera survived and not the copter ?

2. PJP

PJP Active Member

Upon rescue from the water, I immediately washed it all out with fresh water and torn it down to dry out.

All four ESCs were fried on the quad. Of course, even if those were replaced, it doesn't mean the motors would work...or work for very long.

The camera....well, it worked! As it is the more expensive component, I was very happy. I was given a very good price for a replacement quad (just body and electronics/motors). So, it wasn't a total loss.

3. Tegels

Tegels New Member

Two months later now! Still no update?
    I was in doubt of selling my Inspire and buying a 920. But with this service I think even DJI is faster...

4. janjaap

janjaap Active Member

My H920 is still in Germany, so i've been told by my service shop. Almost two month now......
    Also no messages on a repair status....
    Perhaps they are waiting for som new fibercarbon tubes from china.... ??
    But the accident was a pilot failure; no software or manufacturer fault.... could that cause a delay in repair ?
    Fotunately i still have my Q500 4k and it flies fantastic.........

5. PJP

PJP Active Member

[QUOTE="janjaap, post: 34506, member: 2245"But the accident was a pilot failure; no software or manufacturer fault.... could that cause a delay in repair ?[/QUOTE]

I should hope not...but in reality, they might be trying to please the under-warranty customers first.

6. janjaap

janjaap Active Member

I should hope not...but in reality, they might be trying to please the under-warranty customers first.[/QUOTE]
    Mmm, that's one i did not think of.... Hope the European hype with xmas did not deliver to many crashes under warranty..... Next week i will ask my seller to contact Yuneec Germany again.

7. janjaap

janjaap Active Member

Well.... at last i have my H920 back. It was away from march 14 !!!!
    I contacted the dealer (TopRC Uden, Netherlands) many times, Always gettting a mail back: we are on it and pushing Yuneec Germany.
    Mails directly from me to Yuneec Germany got no answeres........
    From the mails i got from the dealer i suspected they did not sent it at all to Yuneec but forgot all about my H920 in their stockroom. Only whenn i got very angry and told them i would get a lawyer at their tail, suddenly everything went fast.
    I received a mail: sorry it took so long, it is a mess at Yuneec Germany but next week we will recieve it here in our store.
    Once in the store (yesterday) i asked for the repair list and mails from Yuneec (which they said having recieved from Yneec). They could not produce any document from Yuneec. Just a small list with four repair items on a sheet with no logo's or what so ever if it could be from Yuneec Germany. I suspect that my H920 has never been in Germany at all and that they did the repair themselves. On my question if it was also tested in the air: Yes ofcourse. On the SD card however no csv files or other telemetry to be found.
    Anyway, my list of broken pieces was repaired. I checked it carefully all this morning and everything seems to be in order.
    Now i will have to wait for some nice wheather to test it flying.
    Because of this bad service from this dealer and the loss of trust (it was so Obvious that they were lying....but i cannot proove that without any answeres from Yuneec Germany), i will never go back there again to buy something!!!

8. janjaap

janjaap Active Member

Used this afternoon to install the quick install/release propellor gear. Easy to do, good manual with it. After the installation of those i went into the garden to do some testing (without the props) and see if everything was working well. It did work all well. Tomorrow afternoon testing with the camera (CGO4) in the garden. It has been a while since i had the ST24 in my hands and i had to get used to all the features an LED lights again, It got better and better during the tests and tomorrow afternoon an other session with the camera (and no props again), i think i will have the feeling back.
    Than waiting for dry wheather and no wind to start flying tests.
    As soon as i have som movies i will post them here.

Jagerbomb52 likes this.