GB 203 on another machine???

Discussion in 'GB203 GoPro Gimbal' started by Benny, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Benny

Benny New Member

Hey guys, I'm trying to use my GB 203 on another drone, powering this one is easy but getting the pitch to work on another Chanel doesn't look simple, I have tried a few thing and get no response from the gimbal.

The connector as 3 wires, the 2 alone are + and - (plus inside), the single one on the other side is what I thought the pitch wire but it's not.

The board also as a few 4 pin empty port and a I am assuming I could use one of them for pitch but I can find no info what so ever anywhere.

Any link or info would greatly be appreciated.

Ben

Tags:
  2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Will this help you out?
    gimbal1.jpg

3. Benny

Benny New Member

Thanks Jager but it's doesn't work, not with another system. I even tried the 4 pin port with many combination and I can't get the pitch Chanel to work

4. roy

roymunt New Member

I have also tried the same thing, I have a Flir Vue Pro mounted on the yuneec gimbal, which I have mounted on a Phantom 2, I have everything working, except the camera tilt, I know the wires are right but I'm guessing the protocol for the signal is different, not sure if it's PWM, or Sbus, or some other kind of signal, but whatever it is it's not compatible, I have it all working as a good steady camera just can't pitch it down.

5. Speed2004

Speed2004 New Member

I think it may be an I2C type (TX only). The connector is similar -so the gimbal board would get the commands- then the gimbal board controls the motors using PWM/stepper type signals. Check out Arduino or Raspberry Pi for how I2C works.

6. Speed2004

Speed2004 New Member

Need to figure out a method to intercept the signals into an Arduino debugger that can show raw data if that is the case.