GB203 GoPro Gimbal for Yuneec Q500

Discussion in 'GB203 GoPro Gimbal' started by midego, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Sut

Sutherlandsd New Member

Hero 2 is too big to fit

2. John Cuppi

John Cuppi Member

Hi, I'm hoping someone will be able to do me a quick favor! I understand that power is provided to the MK58 VTX for the GoPro Gimbal version with a cable.

http://www.rcracingtwente.nl/WebRoo...2DF2/C0A8/2AB8/0530/PowerAV_cable_of_MK58.png

Would someone be able to tell me the max voltage that the gimbal provides via this cable? By measuring the connector with a multimeter or something? I really want to know if it is 12.6v, thank you to whoever looks into this!

3. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

I'm getting 5.55 volts which I think is a typical USB voltage.

4. John Cuppi

John Cuppi Member

Dang, that's too bad. I was hoping to be able to splice the cable and use it to power something else. Thank you for doing this test and for the fast reply though!

5. Jagerbomb52

The plug had two points to ground. One was half that so I am sure you could step it down.

6. John Cuppi

John Cuppi Member

Hmm. Basically what I'm wanting to do is buy that cable, and hack it to use a different video transmitter. I'm sure I can wire up the USB video part from the gopro without any problems. Looks like a pretty standard connector there.

But it would be nice to supply power without having to strap a 3S battery or splicing the cables of the unit itself to get such power. I was hoping the voltage coming out of there was just straight up 12.6 volts because of that. meh. Now it gets a little more complicated :)

7. Jagerbomb52

Hmmm, don't think you will get the full 12.6 volts without a separate battery. One fellow on RCgroup has the infrared camera FLIR powered up from that cable but he spliced in to the USB connector. Not sure if the voltage is different there but I don't think so.

8. MIk

MIke D New Member

Hey gents,

first-time drone owner here and went with the Yuneec Typhoon G (gopro obviously). So, flight number 3, had a bit of an issue (damn trees) and ran into what seems to be the infamous problem of the 3 gimbal control wires snapping off of the gimbal control board. I removed the board at the top of the gimbal mount (where it connects to the q500) and hardlined it in to the q500 and back of the gimbal with the included extra wire which is apparently the old means of gimbal control.......Connected to gui, went to calibrate, and now my gimbal is FREAKING OUT making noises like it's trying to stabilize but is just frozen. I did not have the gopro in, and I'm wondering A. If I need to have the camera in the mount for the gimbal to correct itself? B. Have any of you ran into this problem? Thanks for any help!

9. Jagerbomb52

Since your new here I would like to welcome you to the forum. The one thing we hate is when people double and even triple post the same topic. If you wait patiently your first post was answered. So please refer to that post so all the information stays in one spot.

10. young kwon

young kwon Active Member

Top of GB203 has 3 contect wire you can use 12.6v there..If you want 5v mk58 use 5v...Am I missing something

11. tdi

tdicomco New Member

[Quote = "Gert-Jan, mensaje: 13552, miembro de: 2603"] ¿Alguien sabe si se van a comenzar a actualizar el G serie por lo que la GoPro puede ser controlado de forma remota?

Curioso cuando que se haga la voluntad que es una gran desventaja hacia DJI / Solo por ejemplo,

thnx [/ quote]
    No es posible actualizar ya que el conector del mk solo cuenta con dos lineas para video y para controlar la gopro se necesitaría una conexión completa, por tanto no es problema de software