GB203 GoPro gimbal issue! Any help appreciated

Discussion in 'GB203 GoPro Gimbal' started by MIke D, Mar 9, 2016.

1. MIk

MIke D New Member

Hey gents,

first-time drone owner here and went with the Yuneec Typhoon G ( gopro obviously). So, flight number 3, had a bit of an issue (damn trees) and ran into what seems to be the infamous problem of the 3 gimbal control wires snapping off of the gimbal control board. I removed the board at the top of the gimbal mount (where it connects to the q500) and hardlined it in to the q500 and back of the gimbal with the included extra wire which is apparently the old means of gimbal control.......Connected to gui, went to calibrate, and now my gimbal is FREAKING OUT making noises like it's trying to stabilize but is just frozen. I did not have the gopro in, and I'm wondering A. If I need to have the camera in the mount for the gimbal to correct itself? B. Have any of you ran into this problem? Thanks for any help!

2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

The Gopro gimbal needs the camera in to balance it out. Also the new gimbals (GoPro & CGO3) will not connect/talk to the GUI. So there is no calibration from the GUI at this time.

MIke D likes this.
  3. MIk

MIke D New Member

Thank you for that information and responding as quickly as you did!

4. Comic Gamer

Comic Gamer New Member

At boot up the camera needs to be leveled for first 5 seconds to calibrate.

Have you tried putting in the SteadyGrip? Does it have the same issue.

5. MIk

MIke D New Member

So, I put the camera in, connected the q500 to gimbal wire, everything is fine and peachy except I have no up/down controls on the gimbal from the ST10+. The gimbal is stabilizing like it should, so it's obviously connected and reading flight data. Am I missing a step as far as replacing the 3 wires with the connection wire between drone and gimbal?

6. XIB

XIBALBA Member

FYI I turned on the gimbal with no GoPro in it as well. Apparently the gimbal needs the weight of the GoPro to function properly. All is well now. Whenever I do anything to the G, I just unplug the gimbal.

7. Blu

BlueFlyer New Member

Did you get this sorted? I'm having the dreaded no tilting on the gimbal too, even though it stabilises fine and works perfectly in the steady grip. It just won't tilt up/down when attached to the Typhoon