C-GO3 Geotagging photo from Yuneec Q500K with C-GO3

Discussion in 'Camera's (C-GO2/C-GO3/C-GO4)' started by pzab, Jul 27, 2017.

1. pzab

pzab New Member

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Hello,

I am new here...so I would like to Greet Everyone.

My name is Przemek and I am a user of Q500K.

In few weeks I will start using my drone for damage assessment in agriculture.

Taken photos will be used as a proof of damages.

Can anyone tell me if the CGO3 have or will have the geotagging ability...

If not how can I geotag my photos?

Thanks in advance,

Przemek

2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    Retired
    Canada
    For what you want to do you have bought the wrong UAV. The Q500 with the CGO3 camera will never have this function. They have stopped all support of this platform a long time ago.
    There is only one way you might be able to get close to a geotagging a photo is through the SDcard in the controller but it would take you ages to figure out locations where the pictures where taken.

If you like uneec you should have bought the Typhoon H. It has geotagging.
    Many other platforms also have geotagging.
    Sorry but the Q500 was not the bird for this kind of work.

3. pzab

pzab New Member

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Thank You Jager for Your reply.

My company bought this drone and I didn't have any chances to look at it before.

I have to figure out something.

4. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    Retired
    Canada
    The only way I can think of is to buy the GoPro gimbal setup. There are still some retailers still selling them. I'm not a GoPro guy so not sure which GoPro has the geotagging but I'm sure one of them does.
    The only problem with this setup is you cannot start and stop video or pictures from the ST10+. All must be started before take off. I had the Typhoon G with this setup and ran a Git2 knock off GoPro with it. It works OK but is not for everyone.
    Good luck

5. pzab

pzab New Member

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Thanks for the tip.

6. kbates

kbates Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Male
    Remote Pilot-In-Comman
    Charlotte
    Greetings, Przemet!

This can be done, but takes a few different steps and a combination of a couple different software-services. I had to do this for an orthomosaic map I was hired to do. (I planned to do this job with my Typhoon H, but while shooting some initial lower level shots, something caused my H to drift and clip a tree...).

This was nearly 6 months ago, so I'll have to go back and review everything I used to get the images Geo-tagged, but I'll dig that stuff up and post my notes here for you shortly.

7. kbates

kbates Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Male
    Remote Pilot-In-Comman
    Charlotte
  8. TheLazyC

TheLazyC Member

May 5, 2015
    The Typhoon H does it well with the CGO3+

Attached Files:

9. kbates

kbates Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Male
    Remote Pilot-In-Comman
    Charlotte
    Yes, but this thread is simply about how to achieve the same result with Q500 (or Blade Chroma...), using a CGO-3. Not everyone has a TyH, and this is a great option for getting more uses out of our 'older birds' ;-)

10. kbates

kbates Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Male
    Remote Pilot-In-Comman
    Charlotte
    (In fact, based on using Dr. Vogt's workflow with my CGO-3, I suspect this would even work with CGO-2 camera...).

11. Javier Olalla

Javier Olalla New Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Male
    Prueba con esto.

12. E_Bro

E_Bro New Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I have a Blade Chroma which also does not have geotag the photos. I have used Dr. Vogt's method and it worked. You will need to have an SD card in the controller to record the flight logs. From there its just a matter of learning the procedure and how to fix little glitches.