GiFi Battery problem.

Discussion in 'Breeze' started by Art schameck, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Art schameck

Art schameck New Member

Aug 21, 2017
    Male
    I think maybe I did the same thing a number of other members have done as far as batteries are concerned. I had three for my breeze. 1 original Yuneec and two knockoff GiFI batteries. I puchased the breeze last winter and only flew it a couple of times but charged all the batteries before putting it away. I went to use it yesterday for the first time since then and both GiFi batteries are shot. One comes up with a green power charging indicator all the time but will not wake up the bird. The other flashes between blue, yellow and green while in the charger, and seems to power up the bird but I do not trust it, because it does not act correctly in the charger. I have a feeling leaving them charged all that time has destroyed the cells. The original Yuneec battery seems fine. :(

2. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

Guessing you are using the charger that came with the drone (flashing, color LEDs). Considering the price of new batteries, a better charger is a money saver. I bought a SkyRC D100 for just under $100, shipped, and think it's well worth the price. It's the same as HiTec X2, and a few other brand names. Not sure which was the original, it's an older design. It will charge just about any type/size hobby battery, saves me from trying to figure out which stock charger is for which toy. I've got 3 GiFi, and 2 Yuneec, for my Q500, all are in perfect shape well over a year later.

There are quite a few aftermarket choices, and usually cost less than one replacement battery. You get an LCD screen, which tells you the progress of the charge, health of your battery, and what's really going on. Even if you go with a different brand/model drone later on, you still have a good charger. The stock chargers are cheap, and most basic, will get the job done, mostly.

3. gnomad

gnomad Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Male
    You charged the batteries before storing them....death to LiPo batteries. They should be stored at 40-60% in a cool dry environment. Fully charging will kill them.

This is one of the biggest problems with manufacturers that cut corners like Yuneec and use dumb batteries. Yes they cost a bit less but since you will be throwing them away and replacing them all the time due to improper use and storage are they really any cheaper then the smart batteries that EVERY other company uses?

Even Parrot with the Anafi has gone smart after years of dumb batteries and chargers like Yuneec.