Gimbal for other cameras!

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by PGSTHLM, Dec 26, 2015.

1. PGSTHLM

PGSTHLM New Member

Hi, i kind of want to mount some other more advanced cameras to the q500. Is there anyone who have been trying this, software to apply. Im shooting with Canon so the G15 would be fun using fully;)

Tags:
  2. nomad33fw

nomad33fw Active Member

This guy put a Nikon DSLR on his and did a lot of other lifting experiments. Our bird can lift a lot. He didn't put the Nikon on a gimbal but now that I know what it can lift it can't be too hard.

Use a generic gimbal, buy the mount set to modifyhttp://carolinadronz.com/collections/accessories-parts/products/yuneec-mount-set-for-cgo2-gb then modify the gimbal mount to hold your camera. I believe the hardest part would be balancing the camera on the gimbal.

I was thinking one of the mirrorless DSLR cameras would be nice. Interchangeable lens, filters.

Not sure if you could connect the downlink or not, but where there is a will there is a way.

3. ^pomen_GTR^

^pomen_GTR^ Active Member

it was rated to carry 400grams....so if anything over that then u were playing with gravity law and battery life...

if your camera was within that weight range...why not

TXdrone1 likes this.
  4. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

5. nomad33fw

nomad33fw Active Member

Thank you for the link and weight info. The guy in Germany just did a max lift demonstration, not lift and maneuver demo. 400 grams puts a lot of cameras in reach, plus he did do a maneuver demo with 806g so we have some wiggle room.

roymunt likes this.
  6. ^pomen_GTR^

^pomen_GTR^ Active Member

just the next question is how do we link the camera control to work with st10 5.8ghz control...probably need some custom firmware for the st10....

how i wish there is software engineer could do this...

but since the st10 is android based...my guess its just a matter of time for somebody getting their own firmware code for the st10 :)

7. nomad33fw

nomad33fw Active Member

The gimbal gets its movement inputs via the MK58, the video (from GoPro) comes via the USB into the MK and the transmitted to ST10. So whatever camera needs to export video via a micro USB like a GoPro. If not it would require a different transmitter. Just have to be careful that it's on 5.8 and not 2.4. At least that's my understanding of it all. Maybe someone here that knows more can confirm or correct me

8. Fez

Fezzik Member

Could you post a link to it?

9. Anm

Anmol New Member

Can I confirm that the cgo2 model can be used on the typhoon G ?

http://carolinadronz.com/collections/accessories-parts/products/yuneec-mount-set-for-cgo2-gb

I want to use a Sony action cam under the yuneec.

10. mikeyd2369

mikeyd2369 New Member

I havent looked yet and if ur technically inclined id see if you can take out the downlink from cgo3 also sense the st10+ is android based im sure theres other ways to get ur downlink

11. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

St10+ is a android system but a very small and old system. Not much room for adding anything and the video downlink is a closed system only open to Yuneec. Many have tried who are android experts but no one has modded the ST10+ other than a few things like turning off the startup sound and changing the boot logo.
    You are more than likely to brick your ST10+ than to find a solution to your problem. :)