C-GO3 Gimble tilt issue unresolved

Discussion in 'Camera's (C-GO2/C-GO3/C-GO4)' started by FreuderLocks, May 8, 2016.

1. Fre

FreuderLocks Member

Hello all,

Kind of a bummer a month in and only a few flights down, I'm having a serious and intermittent gimbal tilt issue. I have tried to resolve it through the advice of Yuneec, by upgrading the firmware, which did not help at all. It seems that the lateral stabilization begins to tilt after the quad makes a turn, sometimes it just doesn't level correctly, or other times it becomes slowly out of level. Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm waiting to hear back from Yuneec via email in the morning.
    -FreuderLocks

Tags:
    Chris Moss and ^pomen_GTR^ like this.
  2. ^pomen_GTR^

^pomen_GTR^ Active Member

so far no...tried adding counterbalancer at one side..it still didnt help...

its quite frustation when u were already on air then only to found out that having tilted horizon which means i need to land and reboot again...

Chris Moss likes this.
  3. Fre

FreuderLocks Member

exactly, it seems to go out of whack quite randomly, for me the last time was on a very clear day as well, no wind, just started listing to one side, and then the other, like it lost lateral control.

Chris Moss likes this.
  4. Chr

Chris Moss Member

Same issue. I have even done recalibration of accelerometer. I will have her set level, with a bubble level on case as well... I can hover up... do a spin and have good level horizon... Then do a small flight. look at horizon and BAMMMM. a tilted gimble... slightly to the right.. sometimes left... getting tired of having to landand reboot frequently. sometimes it will keep a level gimble to the direction I booted up in... then hover... and it will be level in that direction, and straight across at 180 degrees, but at 90 degrees and 270 degrees she has a tilt on the horizon.... I calibrate the compass and accelerometer frequently... I always seem to get set for a great shot and BAMMM a tilted horizon... NOT GOOD.. I will be watching this post... Hoping you get a fix as well... I know your frustration

5. Chr

Chris Moss Member

I also have the handheld for the gimble... I will need to dig this out and see if it acts the same way on it,,, or if just on the bird?? gimble

6. Chr

Chris Moss Member

ok I hooked on to the yuneec steady grip...I have the same issue,,, this is what I noticed ... I get the gimble going off a bit again...BUT, it is due to loss of signal (wi fi on the camera) My cell phone that is engaged shows loss of signal,,, then regain signal and this is when the gimble goes a bit limp. it is like it is trying to reboot. and you have to hold the steady grip steady so it will re level.. if no it goes to the slightly off level position. So... we need to get a bit more strength on the wi fi connection... this loss of wi fi at a few feet is ridiculous so you can land and reboot all day long... be set for a bit .but as soon as you get a bit of signal loss,,, she done again.... . so I guess we cant fly anywhere we get any interference... boo on that. let me know what you hear from the horizon or yuneec folks for this??

7. Chr

Chris Moss Member

ok... I peeled off the cover from the wi fi antennae... Mine was a bit off kilter.. meaning it was not really setting in the slot where it holds the antenaae still.... I now have it in the slot provided tried again on the handheld and all seems to havegone well. next will be to try on the bird itself... maybe jarred from it holding place from a rough landing... this is why I have started to do the hand retrieval process... I have read of some folks getting a hard landing when doing return to home... or any Jarring of the bird. Just a thought... I will let you know what comes up when I try it on the bird,,, gonnareview the video from the handheld now.

8. calypso

calypso Member

Check the wiring behind the gymbal. Make sure it is not fouling the ventilation slots at the back of the gymbal body.

Chris Moss likes this.
  9. ^pomen_GTR^

^pomen_GTR^ Active Member

and while flying nowadays i always try to fly in turtle mode to reduce any instability mid flight...

petemaster5000 and Chris Moss like this.
  10. Fre

FreuderLocks Member

I got tired of trying and thought this warranted a call to yuneec. I spoke with Alvin Hall, he asked for my Proof of purchase, documented the problem and looked up my serial number. He is going to send me a shipping label this morning, not for the CG03 but for the whole drone, controller and all, which is being shipped to Yuneec in Ontario California for a warranty inspection.

I have noticed on occasion, while turning, the picture gets choppy, whether the copter is flying or if I'm using the steady grip, although it doesn't show on the video, I can only guess that this is a wireless connection problem.

Regardless of the outcome, I will be investing in a carbon gimble guard to protect the camera more during landing although I have never had a hard landing, it seems prudent to do so.

I have had my Typhoon for a month and 5 days at this point. Now I have to be without it for a week while it gets shipped to California, Methinks its a good opportunity to ask Yuneec to spiff me with something for the massive inconvenience, as I'm doing advertising and photography for the business I work at.

Id love to hear other peoples experiences with Yuneec, their Gimble and the resolution to this problem if anyone has experienced the same.

Thanks for listening to me moan.

-FreuderLocks,
    Dictator, Catalina Island
    President of Space
    King of the Sun

Chris Moss likes this.
  11. Fre

FreuderLocks Member

I don't know if I would have done that. I would be afraid of voiding my warranty.

Chris Moss likes this.
  12. Chr

Chris Moss Member

I will be eager to hear what they have for an answer,, please keep us posted..hopefully an easy fix for you and under warranty,,, and a good explanation to help the others with this issue,, Thank you.

FreuderLocks likes this.
  13. Fre

FreuderLocks Member

I should be getting it going here shortly, ill tell you in a week.....
    -FreuderLocks

14. Fre

FreuderLocks Member

A bit of news.

Not a fan of Yuneec customer service, ive been on the phone with them for 2 days just trying to get the shipping slip from them, as it turns out, UPS handles those and doesn't email them until the NEXT business day, so 3 days down, plus a week of turnaround to get my camera fixed. I asked if there was anything they could do to make it up on the back end, as now I am unable to do some scheduled photography, ergo, losing money, they said no. They also don't answer the phones after 4pm aparrently, as I was unable to get through to anyone last night.

Just beware, you will be without your drone for approaching two weeks with weekends and the delay in getting shipping slips to people. I'm rather disappointed, other experiences have led me to believe that this would have been resolved much sooner.

-FreuderLocks

15. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Your one of the lucky ones Sir, most people are waiting 8 weeks even before they look at the problem. Consider yourself lucky

16. Fre

FreuderLocks Member

Curious, who has waited 8 weeks just to have it looked at? From what I understand they just hired a bunch of new people to deal with exactly this problem.
    -FreuderLocks

17. Chr

Chris Moss Member

ok guys... here is a guess at my situation with the gimble. When I first got her I was sooooo careful with her. read about flyaways, dropping out of the sky..Etc. So I kept her low,,, set my boundries low as well... only 200 foot up and about 3oo foot out. I still only fly in my line of sight. but have kept her at 2oo foot high. and moved my boundrie out a bit. I noticed I always faced the drone in the beginnings and keeping my eye on her as I was not comfortable with using my screen to view the flight.... I have found myself getting more comfortable now. I fly out to the limit... but no more than that and occasionaly get up to 200 foot. but most of the time just to check my horizon for level.... Here is what I noticed. as I have gotten more comfortable I find myself standing in one position while flying around. I noticed My transmitter was not facing the bird and was straight ahead as my bird was off to the left.... sure enough. slightly crooked gimble... So I bring her to the ground... flip the switch. as I held her level. once she leveled out I launched her. this time keeping the transmitter pointed in her direction at all times... did a 15 minute flight with no gimble issue. so far so good... When I look back at footage I have done before I had always been right up on the subjects with my bird and myself without much distance, which of course always left me looking directly at my bird due to being nervous about loosing gps, etc. so I was always pointing my transmitter at the bird. I have never encountered the gimble issue then at all!!!!! all of a sudden when I got more comfortable with her and fy out a bit farther just for fun and to keep sharp on my sticks ... have I received this gimble issue... For me gang... please try this with your bird and let me now if keeping the transmitter facing towards your bird helps you... It has done mewonders. best of luck

18. Fre

FreuderLocks Member

Unfortunately my issue is not contained to the bird, but also affects my steadygrip as well. It seems to happen at random, I have a video of me at the shooting range last week where it just starts listing to one side while the steadygrip is sitting on the bench. (note, I'm shooting a revolver, so no brass is ejected at the anything.) I can be holding it, leave it sitting, touch it, not touch it, same issue almost every time, nothing seems to be the cause other than the mechanism itself. Through my process of elimination, update firware, test, update firware, test, test, test, all I can find is that the machine itself is malfunctioning and that no outside factors have any effect on it whatsoever.

-FreuderLocks

19. Chr

Chris Moss Member

it was doing it a bit on my steadygrip as well... but My cell phone was loosing connection with it due to my cell phone re connecting to my home wifi... had to cancel that on my home wi fi to stay connected to the camera wi fi. I am sorry to hear of your issues. I am going out flying again here in a while and gonna see if my correction was just a fluke. I hope the best for you. could you maintain wi fi on your cell to camera???

20. Fre

FreuderLocks Member

It was always connected to the wifi, so, no signal loss problems whatsoever. All indications are that the gimble is faulty.
    -FreuderLocks