C-GO3 Gimble tilt issue unresolved

Discussion in 'Camera's (C-GO2/C-GO3/C-GO4)' started by FreuderLocks, May 9, 2016.

1. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Returnable within 30 Days - Only if Unopened = Drones.
    :(

2. Bigdenver

Bigdenver Member

That's some policy. FreuderLocks, why didn't you use your powers of E.S.P. to make sure it wasn't broken BEFORE you opened it?!?! Friends don't let friends shop at Best Buy.

petemaster5000 and FreuderLocks like this.
  3. PJP

PJP Active Member

Funny, (but not really)... so many of us went with Yuneec because of the reports of dismal customer service with DJI.

FreuderLocks likes this.
  4. Bigdenver

Bigdenver Member

As did I. Laughing to ease the pain of this situation. Take a look at my previous posts.

FreuderLocks likes this.
  5. dwp

dwphill06 New Member

I am in a battle with them right now about the tilting camera. I have started emailing them and contacting them their Facebook page, they were suppose to call me today, guess what they didn't. I told them they need to call me bc I am not wasting my time calling them. I told them I have read nothing about this issue being resolved and that their problem won't go away by ignoring it.

FreuderLocks likes this.
  6. Fre

FreuderLocks Member

same here, been waiting for a return call from 'Nisha' in cs for a week. Last contact they where supposed to ship me a functional camera, nisha was supposed to talk to a tech and call me back, its been 7 days. I'm calling right now, I want to talk to the person who's name is on her paycheck. She doesn't deserve to have a job at this point as far as I, a customer, am concerned.

I feel like I'm owed a refund AND an apology at this point. They are blaming the lack of communication on the lowest man on the totem pole so to speak, instead of having a manager take responsibility, which is pathetic, someone has to be in charge over there and its not the head of the CS department. Someone hired these people I want to talk to them.

Nisha is adamant that there is nobody higher up the ladder to talk to, that its her or the vice president, which I disbelieve to the maximum extent. Today she is still promising a return call, id rather just talk to the head of the repair department and get this squared away.

I did a bit of research and found that the name of the VP of sales is Steve Johnson, but I'm having trouble finding his contact information otherwise. Anybody know how to get in touch with him?

This experience is enough to make me just pass drone flying up as a fad. These people are worse than suck and wont take responsibility for their own actions or words. Spending an hour every few days on the phone to get lied to or have previous conversations summarized by someone who is reading notes to be told that I'm wrong or that I'm a liar is unacceptable.

I'm considering making recordings of these conversations available to the community so that we all know exactly what I'm talking about.

-FreuderLocks

7. Fre

FreuderLocks Member

They might try to make you go away by ignoring you though.
    -FreuderLocks

8. Wsi

Wsimpson New Member

After reading through this thread hoping for a solution I must add that I am another recipient of this problem. It has been random for me as well and restarts may work for a while but the tilt seems to come back eventually. I have the problem on my steadygrip as well. With mine the tilt will shift from one side to the other based on which way the unit is pointed. Meaning, if I face north it tilts left, if I point south it tilts right.
    I will make a video to send to my supplier to begin the process of a fix or replacement.

9. Bigdenver

Bigdenver Member

This is pretty bad. I guess we can all safely assume that the CS at Yuneec has gone the way of DJI. It is very disappointing considering I, like many here, have just started with their products. The main reason for choosing Yuneec was due to the CS ravings online.

I'm quite convinced now that no issues will be resolved in a timely fashion, if at all!

FreuderLocks likes this.
  10. Fre

FreuderLocks Member

Yeah, me too. I finally got a return label for the broken camera today, will be sending it in. The promise from Nisha, from Yuneec, is that once its moving they will overnight me a new camera, free of charge on their dime. I have to say that I don't believe it at all as Nisha has never once told the truth about anything to me. Ill call you back in 5 minutes, get a call back a week later, or just have to call them myself. Your drone will ship out tomorrow, a week later it ships out. I'm the person that is in charge of everyone, save for the VP, to whom you are not authorized to speak.

There is no such thing as customer service at yuneec. I trouble shot the problem and diagnosed it myself and rammed my problem through the CS ladder myself. I did their job for them and kept all the pieces moving, because Nisha COULD NOT DO HER JOB, not without help from someone who doesn't draw a paycheck from the company.

Ill be doing my best, after the new camera is in transit of course, to contact the VP to see if he is a real human being or just another nisha, andrew, Michael or axle.

-FreuderLocks

1/3 of my warranty period has expired and I have flown my machine for less than 3 hours problem free.

11. RAH

RAHAlpha Member

I recently purchased a Q500 4K on ebay (supposedly flown 3 times). Anyway, it has this intermittent tilt problem discussed here. I'm trying to return it (seller said he would accept returns but is now trying to duck out and burn me).

All that said, I'd like to ask the forum a question. Based on this thread (and others) this is a frequently recurring problem and I'd guess most respondents are victims of the issue. For the sake of those of us still pretty new here, and to get a good idea for everyone about how bad this is, if you have not had this problem, would you respond with something simple like "not me" or whatever? It would be nice to hear if some, or maybe even most, 4K owners don't have the problem.
    Thx

petemaster5000 likes this.
  12. ^pomen_GTR^

^pomen_GTR^ Active Member

i would say almost all owner have this experience.... sometimes it works flawlesly, but on wrong day it will tilt twice after reboot then only working fine

tji57 likes this.
  13. jbourne

jbourne Member

FreuderLocks,
    Did you ever get closure on this? I'm going through the same problem with the gimbal tilt. I flew the quad for a grand total of about 40 minutes over 6 or 7 flights before I saw the problem. I called yesterday, and was told 30 days after we receive it.. Ugh. Haven't made the decision on whether to send it in, or return it. Bought mine at Best Buy as well. Wondering if they'll take it back.

I do have a question though. It just dawned on me that I didn't notice the gimbal tilt problem until after I upgraded both the quad and the ST-10+. In fact, I flew it a few times without the camera installed to ensure the firmware had taken, so I wouldn't have noticed any camera tilt. Has anyone tried downgrading the firmware to see if this is a software issue rather than a hardware problem?

Thanks

14. petemaster5000

petemaster5000 New Member

Same here. Troubleshooting today I found when I initialized and took of facing north, it stays level when facing north. turning right to the east, the horizon tilts right. back to north it's level again. turn to the west, the horizon tilts left. and by tilt I mean about 30-40 degrees. not just a tiny amount. this is un-usable video and if there's no good solution to this pretty quickly, oh boy do we have a problem.

I just talked to Christina at CS in southern California. She seemed nice enough and wants to help. only thing she can do is have me send in the gimbal for calibration.

FWIW, my build/firmware is same as it came with: st10+v01b26c | purchase date June 3, 2016

15. jbourne

jbourne Member

@petemaster5000 - Decided to take it back to Best Buy for an exchange, as opposed to waiting for Yuneec to fix it. They did so, with little fuss. My new G flies great with no issues.

Does yours do this?

16. petemaster5000

petemaster5000 New Member

yes, mine does that. tilts both ways, gets worse throughout the flight all the way up to around 45 degrees tilt. terrible problem. not much rhyme or reason to it's behavior - just does what it wants.

mine is a tad over 60 days old now and I purchased it from my local hobby store - they can't do exchanges - I am now forced to send the gimbal to Yuneec for calibration... or hopefully they send a totally new one.

17. jbourne

jbourne Member

Sorry to hear that buddy. Really sucks.... Keep us posted.

18. Laserdoc

Laserdoc Active Member

Im on my 3rd camera. Have had my Q for a bit over a year. If this happens again Im buying a inspire pro or a phantom 4

19. Edw

Edwin Gudinas New Member

Not dissatisfied with the drone just the gimbel. Why do I have to up-grade the firmware to make the gimbel level, is there any mechanical or electronics behind the makings of the gimbel. And if there is anything but the control of the camera, I'm sorry my background in cameras is I'm retired from the security trade my own business, Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering. We use to call it PAN and TILT but why is there firmware just to operate a camera with TILT and NO PAN. Does anyone have the WHAT'S IS to take one these gimbals apart to see how it works. I would but not after paying what I did, I'm not sending it back to YUNEEK and lose fly time. Any idea's, someone want to sent me a smashed up unit so I can do a biopsy on it.

20. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member