GPS connection

Discussion in 'Blade Chroma Series' started by whosurpopi, Jun 14, 2019.

1. whosurpopi

whosurpopi New Member

May 4, 2018
    Male
    I was trying to replace my antenna, and when i tried to plug in the new one, I couldnt get it in. After a few attempts, I looked at it with a magnifying glass, and the plastic housing around the plug on the board is all broken, so It wont hold the plug in. Is there something i can do to hold them together, or is the board trashed?

2. BrokenSausage

BrokenSausage New Member

Feb 8, 2017
    Male
    If the board around the plug is broken, it likely took out part of the circuit traces. If this is the case, put butter and jelly on it! It’s toast! Sorry, but they are rather delicate.

3. whosurpopi

whosurpopi New Member

May 4, 2018
    Male
    The board looks fine, as do the pins. It is just the plastic that locks the plug in so it wont come off. I am considering pushing the plug down into glue to hold it.

4. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    One purpose of the housing is to ensure the pins are aligned and plugged in the correct way.
    The connector should stay pretty much in place just from the support and friction of the pins.
    Please ensure all pins are connecting, and in the right order (not backwards). Then something like hot glue could be used to keep everything in the right place, and still allow removal later if needed.

5. whosurpopi

whosurpopi New Member

May 4, 2018
    Male
    Success, I pushed the plug onto the pins, and it naturally want to lift off, giving me about a 1/16 of an inch to play with, so I mixed up some plastic weld pushed it under the plug, pushed the plug down onto it for about 10 minutes, and fly it does. This thing crashed over a year ago, and it has been in my closet ever since. I noticed it had a couple ripped wires on the old gps antenna, broken frame, and missing one camera mount. $90 in parts later, it flew perfectly today. I tried it first without the props to make sure everything was connecting, and stayed connected for a little bit. Now to get a new battery for it.

WTFDproject likes this.