H plus landing gear issues

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Plus Discussion' started by Condor 3, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Condor 3

Condor 3 New Member

Mar 20, 2020
    Neither the up or down work on the landing gear. It is stuck down so at least I can fly for Drone fishing.

I put 9 VDC to the gear motors and they work. It there a way to test the power contacts to the gear motors? Is their a way to test the up down toggle switch on the St16S?

2. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

To test landing gears put the drone at his back. This works also for H Plus.

To test the switch on ST16 use HW monitor. I hope the ST16 from the H Plus has that also. I know it only from the Typhoon H. If there is no HW monitor, you can check switch function in Flight2Log, Remote*.csv, Channel CH10.
    4095=gear down, 0=gear up.

br HE

WTFDproject likes this.
  3. Condor 3

Condor 3 New Member

Mar 20, 2020
    I have tested drone on its back many times. Switched up down toggle 10 times. No luck
    9vdc on landing gear motors cycles the gear.
    If I put a meter on the copper shoe the gear motor contacts and toggle up down switch should it show 9 VDC?

HW is hardware monitor? Is that the screen on st16s where you can test all the switch’s on and off. This screen
    Shows the up down working.I don’t know what flight2log is.
    It flys well with gear down.

4. Condor 3

Condor 3 New Member

Mar 20, 2020

5. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    The Typhoon H has a habit of jamming the gears inside the actuator. When jammed, they cannot move even though the electrical part is normal.

If either actuator is jammed, neither actuator will move.

The first task is to determine if BOTH are jammed, or only one. To do this:
    1.) Remove one actuator assembly from the drone.
    2.) Turn the drone over, and see if the remaining actuator will move.
    3.) Remove that actuator.
    4.) Re-install the other one, and see if it will operate.

If either (or both) refuse to operate, try to bump them in the right direction while operating the switch. If that does not work, it may be necessary to dismantle the actuator, manually spin the drive bar into the middle area of the screw, then reassemble it.

6. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

The langing gear motors run with 5V. It's not a good idea to test with 9V because the thread inside goes too tight at the lower/upper end and there is not automatical stop.
    I test with 1.5V. If it runs smooth it will sure running with 5V. If not, you will dicover mechanical problems which you will never see with 9V overpower.

br HE

PS: flight2log is a directory on your ST16 where telemetry and flight logs are recorded. It contains a lot of useful information that cal also be used for diagnosis.

WTFDproject likes this.
  7. Condor 3

Condor 3 New Member

Mar 20, 2020
    Thanks for all the ideas. I did everything and gears wouldn’t move . Upside down ,right side no luck.
    So I thought I’d just fly with the gear down.
    Know what’s coming? ....I flipped the up down toggle and it worked fine. Every time.
    I have no idea why it’s now working ,but I’m happy.
    Thanks\
    Jim

Sent from my iPad using Yuneec-Forum.com

h-elsner and WTFDproject like this.