Has the Mantis Q improved?

Discussion in 'Mantis Q' started by Jas, May 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jas

Jas Administrator
    Staff Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Male
    Engineer
    Canada

Please share your opinions as well, especially those who have the drone. Is the Mantis Q worth buying for the price?

2. AZFlyer83

AZFlyer83 New Member

Apr 21, 2019
    Male
    I really like it have flown it about 12 times already downside as most have stated is the 1 axis camera but on non windy days thats really not that bad if youve got good experience with video editing and have the software you would even be able to clean up most footage id think. Supposedly there are upcoming updates to make video less laggy on devices tryed using a Samsung tab A and the lag was rediculous. But all said I love the drone bought 2 additional batteries the flight time is probably close to the best out there honestly had they put a 3 axis gimbal on it dji would've had some real competition now that said I think im going to stick with yuneec products im already looking for deals on the typhoon H. So is the drone worth it id say so im having a blast flying it its extremely fast to.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Yuneec-Forum.com mobile app

3. erno lutz

erno lutz New Member

Nov 20, 2016
    Male
    I'm very happy with my Mantis: Flight time on average is more then 20 minutes under normal weather conditions, which is surprisingly long. Video performance is a bit disappointing compared to my H with 3-D gimbal performance, but may be more acceptable when wind stays calm. Z-axis stability is maintained by motor control but still too slow for ultra slow smooth video. On the other hand, I'm absolutely sold on this camera 16x9/4K picture quality while hovering low above ground under tight GPS control.