Hello from Bonita Springs Florida!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Emmett, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Emmett

Emmett New Member

Jan 15, 2019
    Male
    Warehouse manager
    Bonita Springs Florida
    Hello all.
    My name is Emmett. Just bought a q500 4k and got it in today.
    Everyone I knew told me to go for a model from dji, but I thought this would be a great first platform to start off with.
    I've flown rc for 3-4 years ( scale warbirds)
    I Currently play inline roller hockey as a goalie and decided I best get into something a little easier on my body as I turn 50 this year hehehe.
    I'm also studying for my FAA 107 license. Im about 2-3 weeks out of taking my exam. ( Not gonna sign up for it until I can consistently pass the practice exams at 90 - 95% ). Outside of flying around to relax and take some videos and pictures, I may get into doing some photo and video work locally on the side of my full time job.
    Ill most likely be taking my first flight in a week or so. ( I guess im kinda weird as I wanna read thru the manuals and things to make sure I know what im half way doing before I even try to fly it for the first time.)
    So if you have any advice, or suggestions for me, ill gladly listen and try to learn and apply.

Looking forward to meeting some new pals on these forums, get advice, and learn new things.