Hi and a question!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Benny, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Benny

Benny Member

Just a little hi from up north Canada.

I own several DIY quad and hexa, I film for an agricultural company mostly.

2 weeks ago bought a almost new CGO2 but sadly fried the board by inverting polarity, I was trying to make it work on a 600 hexa but didn't have the wire for it.. HH in the USA said they could replace the board, let's wait and see.

In the mean wile I found a pretty cheap (new in the box) Typhoon G, 350$ CAD (about 250 USD), at that price I said why not. Impressed by the smoothness so far, onky in LOS flight since my GoPro also died a few days ago.

Anyway I'm no fan of WIFI image or filming and I like my Skyzone google on 5.8mhz. So I'll mod the Typhoon tonight with a 5.8 VTX. Micro cam will be sitting on top of the gimbal. I will also mod the power wire to be able to use my own Multistar 5200mhz.

What I didn't had was a 3 axis gimbal and I love the GB203 for that matter. Love the 90deg panning also.

Anyway I will share my mod over time if some are curious.

Ho....................... my question, the quad is flying fine, any real reason to upgrade the firmware (if needed) I'm not even sure witch one I have.

Cheers, Ben

Tags:
  2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

If your happy with the firmware the way its flying then don't.
    Its a personal thing for most. Either you want some new add on but if you don't need it then why update.

Welcome to the forum from Northern Ontario

3. Benny

Benny Member

Thanks Jagger