Ho do I get a video off my ST16 controller?

Discussion in 'Help' started by AllJoy Drone Guy, Jan 14, 2019.

1. AllJoy Drone Guy

AllJoy Drone Guy New Member

Dec 20, 2018
    When I select "Pad" on my ST16 there is a "File Manager" folder that contains videos of all my flights. How do I transfer those files to my laptop? When I connect via USB I don't see those files anywhere. I shot a video and for some reason it is an unusable file on the micro SD card that was in the camera. I would like to recover it from the ST16.

2. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

The 720p Videos from Videodownlink are located in the folder "...\flightmode\media_data\" in the internal memory. That are MP4 files with bad quality.

An unreadable video on the SD card from the camera is often an not finlized video (poer off without stopping the video recording). In this case and when you not touched the video it is possible to recover it by sarting an new recording with the same SD card in the camera. The previous video will finalized then. A very short shot is enough.
    I wish good luck.

br HE

3. AllJoy Drone Guy

AllJoy Drone Guy New Member

Dec 20, 2018
    HE,
    Thank you so much for the information, You are exactly right I did turn the Quad off before I stopped the recording. Unfortunately I have already deleted the file from the SD card so recovery is not possible. Again thanks for your help.

Happy flying!