How much wind can it handle?

Discussion in 'HD Racer' started by ThisWayHenry, Oct 3, 2018.

1. ThisWayHenry

ThisWayHenry New Member

Sep 6, 2018
    Being such a small drone, how much wind can an HD Racer fight against before it's just completely thrown away? I know this isn't meant for much heights, but its small size seems like it could come in real useful for precise maneuvering

2. Bruce

Bruce Active Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Male
    Well how fast will it fly. if the wind is blowing faster than it can fly, don't fly, because it will not come back...LOL

3. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

Back in my toy flying days... Wind speed was what killed any fun I may have had, since most of the flight was just fighting for position, or it would be on the roof, over the fence, or in the trees. Controlling it was so much about steering it where I wanted it to go, but struggling to keep it from going where I didn't want it. Had to be very calm to actually fly much, without the calm. My Q500 hands a pretty strong breeze, but does get thrown around a little in gusts. The Hd Racer is new, but it looks small, and fast, but I wouldn't count on it handling strong wind.

4. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    I used to laugh at folks that wouldn't leave the ground if wind was above 10mph. If I ever find the last drone I flew on a windy day, I'll ask it how funny the joke seems now. Lots more wind above the trees than down where we stand, and it doesn't follow our rules.