How to disassemble the CG03?

Discussion in 'C-GO3' started by Levi Textor, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Levi Textor

Levi Textor New Member

Jul 30, 2018
    Male
    Hello,

My latest flight didn't went that well, and a bird crashed into the Camera of my Q500 4k. (CG03)
    When i landed the drone, i saw, that the board wasn't screwed to the motor anymore, and only the cables
    held the camera module:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now i need a manual, to disassemble the camera, to get those 3 screws in the motor again.

Is there anyone who had this problem too?
    Or is there a official disassemble manual for the Camera?
    I searched now for a day, and couldn't find any solution for that.
    I would be very happy to heare some oppinions.

2. Shafay ali

Shafay ali New Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Male
    *** it just connects with 3 screws on it

3. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    You are going to be messing with some thin plastic, small screws and flimsy wire. The words "patience", "careful" and "gently" should govern your work for this project. You will also be touching some electronic components. You need to be mindful of static electricity. An antistatic wrist band, or some sort of grounding are advised. At the very least, ensure you touch something else on the camera BEFORE you touch any of the sensitive components. READ THROUGH THIS FIRST. If you don't feel confident, then don't do it. You can mess your camera up pretty easily with this

With the nagging aside, I also have trouble getting to these screws, so here is how I get access to them:

1.) Use your fingernails, or some thin plastic to pry the label off the rear motor cover. It is held on by contact cement, and if you keep both sides clean, it will go right back on.

View attachment 7582 Picture #1.jpg

2.) Place the sticker, glue down, on something clean.
    Picture #2.jpg

3.) Remove THESE TWO screws from the rear motor cover. (leave the other two alone for now)
    Picture #3.jpg

4.) Remove this one from the side of the rear motor cover:

Pixture #4.jpg

5.) And this one from the other side:

Picture #5.jpg

6.) Pry the "wings" of the rear motor cover out ONLY enough to clear the interferences: (Remember the "Thin Plastic" nag at the start of this note)

Picture #6.jpg

7.) Slide the rear motor cover off and set it aside:

Picture #7.jpg

8.) NOW remove these two screw from the rear motor position sensor: (Remember the "static electricity" nag.)

Picture #8.jpg

9.) GENTLY tilt the rear motor position sensor out of the way, (The "flimsy wire" nag), and remove the four motor mount screws:

Picture #9.jpg

10.) Gently slide the motor forward out of the support arm cage, and you should have access to the three screws holding the top of the arm to the top (Yaw) motor. (Again, the "flimsy wire" nag.)

Picture #10.jpg

11.) Assembly is pretty much reverse the process. Don't forget the static, and ensure the right size screw goes in each hole.

Hope this helps.

4. Shafay ali

Shafay ali New Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Male
    Hello, I crashed the yuneec q500 4k with cgO3 gimbal and broke the axis that camera rotates on .. so to fix it I opened it but forgot to mark what cable goes where .. now i have fixed the axis but having trouble with the connections .. can someone please help me with that

5. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    #5 WTFDproject, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Is this what you need? cgo3  Gimbal Connections.jpg

javier lopez vaamonde likes this.
  6. Shafay ali

Shafay ali New Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Male
    This is exactly what I was looking for sir, thankyou so much you're a life saver

7. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Very happy to have been of some help. Let us know how it works out.

Jarhead1966 likes this.
  8. Shafay ali

Shafay ali New Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Male
    Yes sir, will do. I also had another question. Would I need the calibration after the assembly of the camera?

9. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    #9 WTFDproject, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    There is a very abbreviated calibration in the Q500 GUI that could be used if things are a little off, but it is not the real calibration. If you did not have to replace any sensors, there is a good chance that nothing will be needed. If the camera won't initialize at all, or begins to make major, erratic motions, the GUI calibration will not help. First, of course, check again to ensure correct connections, but if that doesn't help, it will have to be sent back to Yuneec for an actual calibration.

Jarhead1966 likes this.
  10. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

The calibration option in the GUI for the CGO3 does nothing. It was never implemented to work. The CGO3 is the only Yuneec camera that cannot be calibrated without sending it in to Yuneec or one of their authorised repair stations. Even then it is a hit or miss if the calibration will fix the problem.

11. Jarhead1966

Jarhead1966 New Member

Jan 5, 2019
    Male
    Hello WTFDproject, great job of explaining this fix to us. I have the same problem with my CG03.
    thanks,
    Jarhead1966

12. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Thanks for the feedback. Makes the day a lot brighter.

Did you get your camera fixed?

13. Jarhead1966

Jarhead1966 New Member

Jan 5, 2019
    Male

14. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont